Disappointed

|lacey|
He blinks from his nest as the two run out
he coos, and both pairs of eyes dart to him
"Oh, hey lace. Your eye is chipped, want me to fix it?" Tim croons casually, Lacey taps at his eye and nods, slowly clambering down the walls. He didn't fail to notice Tim's eyes following him. Danndi pokes their side and hisses "lace will be helping you make the ropes..." an urgent knocking came from the main door, zey gave them both a look and ran out. Tim leads him to the bathroom and grabs some paints, and lace sweats. He had had a crush on them for 3 years, but wasn't able to tell them, his porcelain mouth was for show and he wasn't literate. He squints at the bottle that was the colour of the sky, his eye colour. Lace stays still, resisting the urge to honk in fear. Tim was right in front of him, as he painted on the pupil lace was glad he didn't have a heart, because it would have shattered him. They backed up and show him a mirror
"Good?" Lacey nods. He looked at Tim with adoration, wishing to tell them how he felt. He just needed to convince Danndi to teach him to write.

|splinter|
Splinter slid onto it's piano bench, preparing to practice it's finest work yet. Bean was tuning her violin.
They looked over at a catch of breath to see Clove dragging Finch into the room, he sighs and hoists him up, then signaled to the band to start. He lets Finch drape her arms around him as the music starts.
It had to be fast. The beat was exceptional, but it had to be perfect. Splinter's clay hands danced across the keys in time with Bean's violin. It was an ethereal tune, meant for the liminal inhabitants.
It could spot Tink peeking out of Tink's cabinet, it's form shifting the world behind it to something more fantastical.
It saw REM waving from its cubby, it had so many arms to wave and it always waved them all. Splinter took to playing a simple part with one hand, and gave it a wave with its other.
SLAM!
Danndi opened the door harshly, zer radio head crackling. Behind zem was a porcelain doll, with no eyes, but a curious mouth.
It gaped and the song fell out. A fellow porcelain? After all this time?
It of course had Lacey, but he wasn't much of a chatterbox, seeing as his mouth was permanently shut. It looked fondly at the doll, their face was beautifully crafted, with a few chips.
It felt tea boiling in its gut, its lid flew off in a gust of steam. So this was what Clove felt for Finch.
It was thrilling.

|Bean|
She just had enough time to dive to catch Splinter's lid. "You realize we can't make another lid, be more careful you tea brain!" Bean looks at the stranger. "Charmed"
The doll looks nervously between the liminals in the ballroom.
"I was told to stay here while REM fixes some transportation issues, is that alright with you bunch?" Clove grins, bows and walks over to greet him.
"I'm clove" they point to the others as they call their names, "Bean, Splinter, Rosemary, Lacey, and finch. You met Danndi, and Tim is in the back working on ropes." They all bow and they gestured grandly to the stage.
"We are the liminals! It's a pleasure to be hosting you, my dear." Bean smiles and approaches the porcelain boy. "Are you familiar with the space?"
He he shakes his head slightly,
"my name is stiff" Splinter was crooning in the background, seems it had fallen for stiff.
"Welcome stiff, here, we can all inadvertently tell each other's gender, I believe you are male? Yes?" Finch says kindly, stiff looks shocked.
"How did you know that!?"

"I just told you how, dummy." he sighs and 

[so I'm not a good author, but I haven't written for a bit so sorry if this is awful]