1. YeonBin - A Foxy Development (Pt. 1 & 2)

Summary:

where Soobin is a witch-in-training whose latest assignment is to summon a familiar. He decides to call an animal spirit because he's shy but instead of the fox familiar he called, he gets a whole-ass Choi Yeonjun himself.

°•✿•°

"And for your last assignment of the year," their teacher took a pause to be dramatic but none of the students were interested in being teased or suspensed so she rolled her eyes and continued, "You have to summon a familiar."

Oohs and ahhs erupted around the class but Soobin subconsciously curled his toes at the idea of calling a familiar.

"As you all know," the teacher trudged on relentlessly, "A familiar is very important to every witch. They are your partner in every quest you do so it is fitting to have a familiar by the end of your first year in training. You are required to bond with your familiar over the summer so that you can start involving them in your assignments from second year."

A partner... It's not that Soobin didn't want a partner. It's just that familiars are like a thousand years old and have aided many wonderful witches. Soobin wasn't a strong witch; in fact, it was well-known in his class that he was one of the weakest in magic.

He didn't want his familiar to judge him– that was the last thing he needed. He wanted someone who would understand him and encourage him. But with his weak magic, he could probably try and summon a familiar the total opposite of it.

"You can all go now!" The teacher announced and everyone rushed out to go to their rooms since it was the last class. Soobin felt a bump against his upper arm and he turned to see his best friend, Taehyun smiling at him.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked as the two sauntered back to their rooms. "Let me guess– that you can't summon a familiar?"

"No," Soobin mumbled. "Just that... They would probably judge me for being so... weak."

"Soobin," Soobin didn't need to look at him to know that Taehyun was frowning. He knew that Taehyun didn't like it when he spoke about himself like that. But Taehyun wasn't like him. Taehyun was one of the best witches in their year. "You can do this. You'll get an amazing familiar, okay? Don't you worry about this. Whoever it is, they will accept and love you because you're awesome."

Soobin had put up a small smile when he saw Taehyun's encouraging face.

That was three days ago.

Soobin was sitting in his small room, hugging his knees which were pulled up against his chest. He knew he had to do it soon– but he just couldn't bring himself to do it. And it wasn't like he could tell someone else to do it for him.

Summoning your familiar was a sacred process for any witch. By summoning them, you create the first thread of your bond. It's what makes it, but in the end, the relationship between the familiar and the witch decides whether it strengthens or breaks off.

There was a knock on the door and Soobin looked up. He loosened himself and stood up before walking over to open the door and letting Taehyun in. Taehyun slumped onto his bed and sighed, frustration etched onto his face.

"What's wrong, Taehyun?" Soobin asked, sitting next to him.

"It's... So Beomgyu summoned his familiar this morning," Taehyun said airily. "He called for an Angel Familiar, and this... guy came, called himself Kai and now they're both on my couch and they're... bonding, I guess."

Soobin smiled and tried not to let Taehyun see it. But nothing went past Taehyun's sharp eyes which narrowed.

"You're probably thinking that I'm–"