ʚ thirteen ɞ

For my mother, Sim Jaeyi
Hello mom, I'm so sorry I can't say this with my mouth but I just wanted to say thank you for taking care of me while I was in this hospital, thank you for your hard work and everything mom. I wasn't able to hug you anymore, I miss you so much, mom. I heard your voice every day. It was my favorite sound. I was searching for your voice every day. I already found yeseo mom and now I can rest peacefully. I just think this is the best way for you to forgive me for not being able to be at your side anymore. I was trying my hard mom but I heard the doctor and your conversation about me. I was too weak. I'm dying.

Aera closed her book and looked at Jake.

"What are you saying?" She said angrily.

"Why did you stop? I wasn't finished yet, you're the only one who can help me." He said.

"I can't do this. This is ridiculous." She whispered then stands up and walked away from Jake. She pushed the elevator button. Realizing what she has done. She sighed and turned and walked back towards where Jake was.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"It's okay, I understand you if you don't want to." Jake smiled.

"No! let's continue." She sat down beside him and opened her to that page again.

I'm sorry mom, I can't be a good son to you, I'm sorry for making you feel the way you feel about yourself. This is all that happened is not because of you, no one died because of your mom, you're the reason why I still fighting but I think it's time to go. I love you.

Aera stopped writing and looked at Jake.

From your son, Sim Jake. She continued.

"That's it. Thank you very very much. Now my heart is not heavy at all." He said smiling.

"Why is this like a death note?"

"Are you really wanted to die?" Aera looked at her.

"It's not like that-"

"Then how is that? Tell me!"

"I was just getting prepared since I got a chance." He said.

"Yeah, a chance!" She said standing up, her tears formed in her eyes, and walked away from him before Jake see her crying. She pushed the elevator button.

"Whatever!" She said while her tears fell.

"You told me to become healthy again so you have to become healthy again with me then." She wipes her tears.

She opened the book on Jake's letter and looked at it.

"I'm dying, you really said that Jake, how can your mother read this? this is a lot of hurtful words." She said and cry again. The elevator door opened and she rushed towards her room and goes to the bathroom.

"Prepare? prepared for what?! no one is going to die. We must survive Jake, you must." She said looking at the mirror. She washed her face with water and got out of the bathroom and sat down on her bed while holding her book.

"How can I give this to your mom? I don't even know what room you are staying at." She just realized that Jake never told her about his room number.

Don't forget to vote and comments
Thank you ◡̈