two.

i stared at the door, regretting all of my life decisions. embarrassing. knocking twice, i waited a little before someone began to unlock it.

"uh hey, i left my apartment keys at my workplace and i was wondering i-" i cut myself off, when i looked up to reveal that the same boy with the mesmerising blue eyes was standing before me in the doorframe. 

he smiled, nodding at me. "you wanna come in? it's pouring it down." jaeden gestured at the rain awkwardly. i explained the situation with the keys, and he was kind enough to let me stay over until the morning. we were sat on his sofa, before he spoke, "my name's jaeden, i'm sorry about my friends earlier by the way."

"oh! it's alright, im rebecca. my friends call me becca or bex though." i shrugged, giving him a half smile.

"you hungry? im ordering food in a second."  he turned his head, questioning me. 

i nodded, "thank you, really."

around an hour later, our food arrived. truth is, i had a little bit of a struggle with eating in front of people. it was always something i found difficult, but with jaeden - it was different. i felt comfortable. it doesn't sound that deep but as something that i've had an issue with since i was a child, it was a big change. a good one.

"let's play a game. you ask a question, i answer and then i ask a question and you answer." jaeden took a slice of pizza, and spoke with his mouth half full.

"that's a boring game." 

"whatever, okay, full name?" 

"rebecca valentine palmer." i mumbled, kinda embarrassed. i'd never liked my middle name.

"your middle name is super nice!" he giggled

"my turn, worst drunk thing you've ever done?" i looked at him, and his eyes went bright.

"oh jeez, probably when me and my friend jack ran naked through our school campus." he stifled through laughs, covering his mouth. i joined in with the laughter, making oinking noises which just resulted in more laughter.

--------

hours later, after we had finished playing the game, our food and a few movies, jaeden eventually said he was nearly ready for bed.

"i really don't mind if you wanna sleep in my bed too, i promise. the couch isn't very comfy." he stated for the 100th time, handing me some spare clothes of his to wear. shaking my head, he gave me a sorry look and left the room so that i could change.

i slipped on the tshirt, but decided on not wearing the trousers as they were wayy too big, but luckily i had underwear that covered some of my legs on. god, his shirt was super gigantic on me.

"i'm all done. goodnight, jaeden. and thank you for giving me place to stay for tonight." i half-yelled so he could hear me, and i got a faint "goodnight" back before hearing his footsteps get further and further.

--------------

i stayed awake for a bit, scrolling through instagram. i found jaedens, and hesitated before clicking the follow button. i have to admit, i did get stuck into a bit of a rabbit hole. i found all of guys who were at the library, but decided against following them so i didn't look creepy.

i checked the time, 3:47AM. time for bed. shutting my eyes, i felt myself eventually drift off, comforted by the smell of jaeden mixed with my own scent.

13/03/22

in love w this so far! lmk what you guys think :)