Surprise Guest

Daniel's Pov🍄

"He looks familiar.."

That's all I hear from the doctors. 

No crap I look familiar. I'm in the papers.

I turned in my bed to stare out the window. Another gloomy afternoon. Not surprised. My entire life was gloomy at the moment. No. Since I was a kid. 

But I wasn't planning on staying in this dump. I planned on making my escape before they recognized my face and called the cops. Starting today.

I got out of bed, almost falling over immediately. I've been hospitalized for...I honestly have no clue now..I straightened myself and dusted myself off. No more lazing around. Time to make a move. I snickered and turned to grab my things. I didn't notice the nurse was standing right behind me.

"Mr. Daniels, you're supposed to be in bed!" I jumped in surprise and quickly laid back in bed, cursing myself in my head. "It's DANIEL, lady. No S at the end." The nurse stared at me and cleared her throat. "You have a visitor.." 

I tilted my head. Vistor? The only person that I could think of that would visit me was Jen..But she's out of the country..So who..?

"Daniel!"

That voice.

I turned toward the door. 

There, standing in the doorway, was David.

My face went pale as he came in smelling like he used pine trees as perfume. Not saying it smelled bad. It just- threw off the hospital scent.

He sat in the small chair next to my bed and gave a nervous smile. "So how's your recovery?" I raised my eyebrow. I literally tried to murder his campers just weeks ago and now he comes in and is like, 'Hi, how are you?'. Someone kill this man's kindness. 

I shrugged. "I'm lactose intolerant. Can't eat or drink dairy anymore. Funny what rat poison does to you." David gave a small laugh and looked down. "Yeah.." We stayed in silence for a bit,then the question hit me. "Why are you here? Don't you have a camp to help run?" David sighed and shook his head. "Summer camp is over. The kids have gone back to school. I work at the ice cream shop with Gwen until next summer." 

I thought long and hard about this. David had interfered with my plans before. Maybe this time, instead of a whole camp, one person will do for a sacrifice. David does have a ton of emotions, mainly happiness. I rethought the plan in my head and smiled. Perfect. 

"Say David, I'll probably be out of the hospital in about a day or two. Do you think you can hook me up with a job at the shop?" It's like I said the world was brought to peace and junk, because David jumped up excitedly. "Of course! I can get you filled in right away. In fact, I'll do it right now! Nice seeing you, Daniel!" He ran out of the room.

"Yes..See you soon as well.."

Time to set things in motion.