Chapter 1 the match

As the match began you couldn't help but feel nervous, waiting for someone to be hit which could be you the only thing that saved you from insanity was Emily shouting "the hunter is nearby!".

Anxiety was on the charts every deduction quaked your entire body the sound of popping broke the ever lasting silence shortly resuming once 1 cipher remained. Sweat trickled down your forehead waiting and waiting

The match had dragged on for hours as Luca couldn't decode with Jack's pressure on the remaining ciphers. Y/n impatiently waited at the gate with your decoy you found while looking through a chest.It was silent not even the cawing crows could make a dent  in your silence. Andrew was on your mind

Once Emily went down Andrew popped the last cipher allowing her to make a dash according to the highlights that popped up, to your gate."y/n!" Emily shouted as she came up your heartbeat began to echo but you couldn't see jack. 70% left Emily grew closer and so did your heartbeat jack was still nowhere in sight 90% Emily was about to run into the door right as it opened you felt it a slash across your back.

Jack still had detention you were lifted up in the air you struggled and struggled but you were shoved into the chair. Jack teleported back to the gate you opened. You were left alone with your thoughts and a faint heartbeat until you felt the wires around you come undone, Andrew unwrapped you and started running towards the gate. By now jack's detention had worn off both of you were injured so it didn't matter.

He wasn't there a sigh of relief you had passed the gate but just then the sound of Andrew going down as jack appeared, jack began wiping his claw as you dragged Andrew. "Y/n LEAVE ME" he shouted jack went to strike again you had gotten past the escape line and watched feeling regretful as Andrew was picked up. A jolt from jack sent Andrew flying past the lines and Luca got past it as well by the time jack had recovered.

As the post match celebration began Jack walked around thanking everyone for the thrill even if it hadn't manage to even get a single elimination. "Y/n" Jack approached you "that was a good play that gate I'd like to say that was a true act of bravery" you awkwardly acted like you knew he was behind you. "I must go now my claw is aching" he walked out of the room. Watching the exit you noticed Andrew leaving as well.

"Andrew!" You follow behind him. He turns around and looks at you not saying anything.This was one of his first wins his previous career at the manor wasn't so good you expected him to cheer but he was as down as always. "Oh hello y/n I'm gonna go to my room the match has me worn out" you think back on the fact he didn't even finish a cipher only decoded them up to 99 for Emily to pop. "You didn't even do anything that round" your accidentally mutter to yourself out loud. Andrew's face slumped to a look of sadness and ashamed, before you could apologize he ran off.

The rest of the post match felt wrong everyone was cheering you had to silently leave the party only with your friend Luca following you. "Y/n what's wrong?" He tapped your shoulder, he could never read the room it wasn't his fault after all the brain damage. "I've upset Andrew I didn't mean too I just spoke at the wrong time". Luca stared back at you pondering something "Andrew?". "Yes Andrew, Luca I upset him" Luca pulled out a card from his pocket. "He said you give this to you this upcoming valentines day" Luca pulled out a card. When you went to grab it he pulled it away "valentines day" Luca put it back in his pocket. "But it's barely moon I can't wait that long!". Luca shrugged and he walked away leaving you to your thoughts as you walked to you room lunch would be soon maybe you could apologize then.