10 Bridal Makeup and Skincare Essentials to Steal the Show

Your wedding is likely to be the most photographed event of your life

Your wedding is likely to be the most photographed event of your life. And, of course, there are a plethora of details you want to ensure are flawless on the big day, from seating arrangements and music to food and décor. Naturally, certain areas of preparation, such as your bridal makeup and skincare take second place. But let's return to the top of the list with your bridal beauty style.

We're pretty certain you'd want to avoid as many mistakes as possible when it comes to bridal makeup, so we've enlisted the help of some of the beauty world's most skilled specialists for all of their wedding day makeup dos.

MakeupPrimer

You'll want to utilize every tool at your disposal to keep your makeup looking good for photographs all night long. The smoothes everything out and holds your foundation in place—there are different kinds that color correct, eliminate pores, and add radiance, but this is classic.

Foundation

The foundation should have a 24 hour wear period, eliminating the need for any complexion touch-ups on your wedding day (and night). The coverage should be medium-to-full, but readily buildable and has a matte finish with oil-controlling technology that makes it ideal for anybody concerned about excess shine.

The foundation should also be resistant to perspiration, heat, and humidity, making it ideal for summer brides

TeethWhitening Product

You'll be wearing a grin that day, and you'll want your pearly whites to be white. Depending on the product, you should start utilizing teeth whitening at least a few months before your wedding. This might not be a makeup item in the conventional sense, but a teeth whitener is one of the most essential bridal makeup products you need.

Moisturizer

Never moisturize your entire body since it will dilute the color of your self-tan. We then use a moisturizer to integrate the tan afterward along the wrist crease, back of the heel, and around the hairline to make it seem natural. Your tan is the paint, and your moisturizer is the water, so we're mixing and fading to perfection.

If you did not get a tan, though, moisturize your entire body. You can add some Vaseline for an extra sheen.

UseWaterproof Products

Everything must be waterproof, and if you start crying, keep a beauty blender nearby to wipe

Everything must be waterproof, and if you start crying, keep a beauty blender nearby to wipe. This will push the substance into the skin rather than creating streaks or wiping it away.

Lipstick

Spend some time at the cosmetics shop trying on all of the different hues, and 'when you know, you know!'

Personally, I prefer a natural lip. First and foremost, you want something that will last all day.

SettingPowder

Translucent powder is ultrafine, so it never looks cakey, and it adds brightness while removing shine. It feels so soft on your skin that you have to restrain yourself from caressing your face while wearing it.

BlackMascara

Extra-long, fluffy lashes for when you really want your eyes to stand out! This mascara has rapidly become a personal favorite of mine!

CurlingIron

A curling iron will come in handy if you or any of your bridesmaids are fixing their own hair. Touch a button, and it curls your hair for you, eliminating the need for arm acrobatics to reach the back of your head.

Eye Cream

To keep the skin around your eyes nourished, start applying an eye cream a few months before your wedding. The gentle massage will also take away puffiness, revealing bright star eyes.

Along with these makeup and skincare essentials for your big day, we recommend inculcating facial massages into your routine from a few months prior to the wedding. Lymphatic drainage massages are known to bring out a natural glow and even help strengthen facial muscles for beautiful expressions and, essentially, gorgeous photos.

Loved these bridal makeup and skincare essentials? Check out