Elizabeth Matthews P.O.V

A/N so she is a one year old for the first little piece of this chapter, fyi. imaging this girl^ but darker hair and greener eyes. same curls and cuteness. Obviously younger but whatever. When it is her pov  in another chappie i will put another pic but a 17 year old looking girl . . .

Daily dose of randomness: Comment your thoughts on tattoos.

Bye now . . .

        There was a knock on the door and I squealed with excitement.

        "Dad!" I said, jumping out of my mothers lap. I ran up to the door and stood on my tippy-toes to reach the knob. The door was opened from the other side and there he was, Hawaiian shirt and all.

        "Hey Elizabeth." Dad bent down and kissed my forehead. 

        "Hey, Don." Mom came up behind me and kissed Dad on the lips. I couldn't help but giggle. Dad's face changed as they pulled apart.

         "Poseidon? What's wrong?" Mom noticed it, too. 

         "I, well. It-m-my." Dad paused, taking a deep breathe. "Zeus has fo-forbidden all contact between my brothers and I and mortals. He says having children of the big three are too dangerous, and that one day they could overthrow us. I am sorry, but I'm afraid there's no negotiating with him. What's done is done. I will miss you both." He bent down to my level once more, squeezing me into a side hug with one arm, Mom in the other. Then he dissolved into nothing, leaving behind the strong scent of the sea.

          Mom sat in the door way, crying into her hands, mumbling under her breathe. I decided to sit there with her, trying to comfort her, holding her arm. I wanted to cry with her but I wanted to stay strong for her.

           That night Mom locked me into the cleaning closet and kept me there for three days days. Every time she passed by the door she would scream at me, saying it was my fault that he left.

           From that day on, Mom got worse. Always drinking, always shouting. After my 'daily beatings' I would be sent to my room without eating through out the day. I would always find a granola bar under my pillow every night that I would ration for the next day. I would wait at my door until I was sure Mom was asleep before I would eat the bar and go to sleep. 

A/N blood warning

            On my seventeenth birthday, I could hardly move. I was extremely dehydrated, beaten, starved, coughing when I tried to move. Mom was throwing a fit about all the beer she spilt all over the ground. She screamed at me to pick it up, so I did. When I stopped to pull a large piece of glass out of my hand, she lost it. She threw every piece of glass she found at me with pure rage, each shard embedding themselves deep into my skin. Eventually, she passed out, landing on the couch. I stayed as quiet as I could as I crawled down the hall and into my room. Once I was in my room with the door shut, I tried to pull the glass out of my flesh, but my hands were too shaky and I ended up just making it worse. Yeah, yeah ya'll are probably like why don't you go wash yourself off and clean your cuts? Well, Mom knew that water could help me heal so she cut off my water supply. No running water, no working sink, shower, nada. So I just heaved myself into my bed, my blood staining the old sheets. I closed my eyes trying to block out the pain, with no luck.

A/N Elizabeth is mute. She speaks telepathically to her father and that is it. Hence 'these' around the words instead of "these", also for future reference slanted words mean they are speaking Ancient Greek.   :)