Stefan x Male Reader- For You

summary: Male POC Reader and Stefan are having an argument over the whole Damon-Confederate Soldier issue ( I felt like I need to talk about or at least make a post about this issue, but as a POC I feel like I can have a say. The fact that Julie changed the original Italian brothers into one being a confederate is Insane, anyways hope you all enjoy)

Don't read if this will upset you way too much please

Warning: Angst, Fluff, Mentions of the Confederacy and confederate flag

---------------------------------------------------------------

" Can we not Invite Damon to Christmas?" you whisper to Stefan. You and Stefan just had a romantic get-together by taking a picnic under the stars near Wickery Bridge, and You two were tired as hell, so you two are getting ready for shut-eye.

Stefan turns to you. "Why not? He is my brother and we're finally getting to a good place." You saw in his eyes he really wanted to have a Christmas and spend it with Damon like the good old times. 

.

.

Those times were the problem. The fact that Stefan lived and grew up during Slavery was always bothering you. Out of the whole group, you were the only one who seemed to hate the fact that those two lived during such and era, even going as far as Damon being a Confederate... It disgusted you. You were a POC, how else is that going to make you feel, Ecstatic?

" I just..." you started " I just don't...I low-key feel uncomfortable with him, He was a whole-ass confederate soldier Stef. My ancestors didn't even have basic rights back then and he fought for the side to keep people enslaved. I know he didn't agree, but every action has a consequence" 

Stefan just stared at you, then looked down.

You fell in love with Stefan, that wasn't the problem

You fell in love with Stefan, that wasn't the problem. No matter how much you and him loved each other, this issue would be here, any possible unconscious racism that he or Damon picked up from his father, would be there. You knew you had to try, he was your boyfriend, and you have always wanted to become more, not even something as evil as racism will ruin this relationship. Klaus Maybe, but not this.

" I- Ok alright, yeah, I'm sorry, We don't have to"

-------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I know this one was very heavy because it dealt with these issues, but I felt like I had to since there is so much racism in the world itself and in the gay community.