Chapter 5 - Don't Be Afraid, I Have a Mine

Ch5 – Don’t Be Afraid, I Have a Mine

The little beast was black all over and there was still the bird’s fur from the tree yesterday, but he didn’t seem dejected at all. Aojia stepped over and squatted beside the little beast.

Rong Mingshi was startled and took a few steps back while dusting off the ash on his paws. He was somewhat surprised that the man had come back. The man was still wearing the clothes that had been scratched by the dragon’s claws and were even stained with blood.

It was only now that Rong Mingshi really saw this person’s appearance. Yesterday, the sky was too dark and this person’s face was stained with blood. Once it was cleaned up, a sharp and handsome face was revealed. His face was slightly pale from the self-abuse yesterday but it was a normal white.

Despite the torn clothes and slightly white face, this person still carried a type of power. The moment the man squatted down, Rong Mingshi thought the man was trying to catch him. Aojia saw the little beast’s reaction and a slight smile appeared in his eyes. He held out a hand to the little leopard and asked, “My name is Aojia. What is your name?”

This question... the little leopard didn’t know how to answer, nor could he answer.

He was called Rong Mingshi in his previous life but after being reborn as a beastman, no one gave him a name. His father, who was called a duke, directly handed him to the robot housekeeper. Afterwards, the housekeeper always called him Master. Moreover, he could understand the man’s words thanks to the robot housekeeper’s teachings but sadly, he was different from other beastmen. His animal didn’t speak at all. If he one day changed to his adult form, would he be able to speak?

Aojia vaguely guessed that such a small beast being alone on a desolate star, whether he was underage or manic, meant he was abandoned.

The empire had free low-grade energy stones for all beastmen. There were carver apprentices in each city who would provide free carving services for beastmen who couldn’t afford to pay. However, his eyes swept over this little beast and he didn’t carry even the lowest-grade three coloured energy stones.

There was only one possibility. This little beast was likely to be defective and abandoned. The empire clearly stated that abandonment was a crime but there were times when it was easy to cover up. Still, Aojia didn’t care if this little beast couldn’t talk. He stretched out a hand to the little leopard and suggested, “Come with me?”

Rong Mingshi looked up at him and seriously considered the problem. He wasn’t sure if his robot housekeeper would come back to pick him up or about the danger in the imperial capital. Speaking of which, the cold and temperature-free robot housekeeper had been good to him over the years. What if the robot came back and couldn’t find him?

Aojia continued, “This planet is marked as a desolate star on the star map. The current climate might be suitable but this star will soon undergo a periodic strong flare. The planet’s core will be melted and steam...”

“...”

The little leopard’s face was dark and he placed a front paw on Aojia’s big palm. Aojia was satisfied as he held the thick leopard’s claw covered in black and grey ash. The little beast could understand what he said. Very good.

“...”

The guards next to him were silent. ‘Sir, is it really good for you to threaten (kidnap) a pitiful little beast?’