Part 86

"Manik"

"Nandini"

"Manik, I said we gonna go for shopping first. We need to buy stuff for family" said Nandini

"Nandini, I also said na I AM VERY HUNGRY and if you don't want me to be very angry, let's go left have food then go right and shop"

"Manik no"

"Nandini yes"

"Fine, you go eat I would go shop" said Nandini as she turned around and moved towards the shopping mall.

Manik was annoyed to hell now. He quickly marched up to her and stood infront of her sternly. Only if he knew, if he was the spark, Nandini was the fire. She stood even more sternly infront of him with crosses hands annoying him further

"You know who you are?" Asked Manik

"Nandini?" Said Nandini. She was Nandini wasn't she?

"Venus" snapped Manik

"Venus?" Nandini was confused now

"Haan Venus, the other planets go around straight on their path but you are that planet jise hamesha alag direction me jana hai you never have to follow" said Manik explaining his baseless theories while Nandini stood looking at him astonished. What a fool can one be.

"Venus ha? Do you know what you are not even a planet" said Nandini smiling at him sarcastically. Manik smirked and pretended to be flattered

"I know I know I am the sun" said Manik ruffling his hair while Nandini just stood still and nodded in a NO slowly

"No tum pehle planet the ab nahi ho, you are Pluto, far apart. Bye." Said Nandini as she pushed him off her way and walked. It took some time for Manik to register what had actually happened , she just said it on his face, didn't she? However, the lovely Manik could not stop himself from going behind her.

He quickly marched forward to match her steps and walked beside her and Nandini was not surprised, she knew he would come and he knew she knew he would come.

They quickly finished off shopping for everyone and then were now sitting in a restaurant having food.

"A coffee for me please" said Manik to the waiter 

"No" said Nandini denying his order for coffee to which he looked at her confused. 

"What?" 

"YOU ARE NOT HAVING A COFFEE NOW" declared Nandini loud straight and clear.

Manik looked at the waiter sternly which gave him the clue to leave the two. Manik did not wish to have an outsider listening to them, whether it be them talking all lovey-dovey or arguing, it gotta bee between them and just them.

"Why not Mrs. Malhotra?" asked Manik folding his arms up on the table

"Why yes Mr. Malhotra?" counter questioned Nandini doing the same mimicking him

"Because I want to have it Nandini" said Manik.

"But you cannot have it Manik. You know I never stop you for coffees but this will be your sixth since the morning and we are not even in the afternoon yet. So no more coffees for the day" said Nandini authoritatively.

"I hate you" said Manik. There was nothing more that he could say after all. As always, when its not Nandini but Dr. Nandini talking to you, you got to listen to her.

"I hate you too" said Nandini giving him a quick peck on his cheek which immediately uplifted his mood. This girl was pro at handling him now.

"Fine, what am I supposed to have now?" asked Manik

"Have a juice na" said Nandini sipping a fruit lemonade from her glass and passing him the same. He looked unsure, not often did he try fruit juices out, either a coffee or either drinks.

"Come on, give it a try Manik" said Nandini pursuing him to have a sip from her glass . On insistence, he tried and it was not too bad.

The two ordered filled roasted stuffs and were soon done with their lunch. Manik soon got a call from office.

"Its Kiara, give me a minute" said Manik picking up the call . He knew it would be urgent or else Kiara would never call knowing he was out holiday-ing with Nandini.

After a minute or two, he was back on the table

"The lower basement had caught fire" said Manik as he observed her questioning eyes

"What? is everyone okay?" asked Nandini. Manik smiled and nodded at her relieving her.

"Thank god" 

"Yeah, but I will have to look after all of this personally once we go back, this happened for the second time in a month" said Manik. The last time it happened during Cabir's wedding and he was not around to supervise the situation.

"Do you want to have something more or shall we go?" asked Manik. Nandini refused as she was full already and so Manik went to clear the bill. He did not return empty handed though and brought along chocolate shake. He knew Nandini would be asking for it soon if not now. After food, she would wish to have something sweet and all that the restaurant had was cakes and shake, shake was better and so he grabbed one for Nandini.

"Here have it" said Manik passing her the shake. Nandini looked upon him confused. Obviously, she wanted to have one but after the call from office, observing Manik stressed she had forgotten about it.

"Don't look at me like that, free Mila mujhe" said Manik while Nandini had a 'duh' expression on her face. The two made their way back to the hotel .

They were walking when Nandini suddenly stopped. She stood still, shocked and unresponsive .

"Nandini,what? Are you okay?" asked Manik holding her by her shoulders. He was worried to see her there like that. What had happened suddenly when she was all happy a few moments back?