14

I found out that Opie took off somewhere. no one knows where he went or why. 

It hurts that he did that. I mean I understood that he and Donna had a connection through their kids and at one point in their lives they were in love. 

But he showed something different than that by leaving as if he had lost the love of his life. which hurts me so much.

Never did I ever think the with the passing of her did I think he'd up and take off. I mean it might seem selfish or jealous but Its neither of those. 

its the fact that he has kids that are mourning as well and he just left them. 

Since he's been gone and out of contact I've been taking care of Ellie and Kenny as well as myself making sure that nothing causes an early labor or anything goes wrong.

mom and Piney have watched me work my ass off tending to them and myself and when they could they lend a hand and help me out. 

Now here I am mid birth of our first baby and he's not anywhere around. which just adds salt to my wounds and makes my heart hurt more than before.

"Congradulations its a boy" the doctor says before he clips the cord and hands my first son to the nurse who was waiting.

I pushed and  everything  I had to do to bring my second son into the world before dropping backand panting as my mom took a cool rag and wiped the sweat from my forehead and telling me how great of a job I had done.

Once the boys was cleaned up the nurses brought them over and laid them carefully on my chest so we could have our skin to skin contact which soothed them.

"what are their names" A nurse asked

"Ryan Opie winston and Amis Ryker Winston" I tell as I keep looking at my boys before I lay my head back and close my eyes crying.

"I'll go share the news" Mom says

"thank you" I say

as she and the others file out of the room quietness fills the air as I just spend time with my boys.

I do what I need when they start fussing I tend to them by myself after I fed them.

This wasn't something I wanted to happen when this moment came. I wanted to share this with Opie but him being wherever he is and ignoring my calls is taking a toll on me.

After I managed to maneuver my boys to the cots the nurse had wheeled in I fixed my gown and laid carefully to where I could watch them.

Everyone took their turns coming in to meet them and telling me how beautiful they are and everything else before they left after congratulating me.

I laid there crying my heart out and feeling so alone. 

When I heard the door opening I didn't look to see who it was I just lay there looking at Ryan and Amis.

the nurse who had walked in checked the three of us over before she went to explain what I should know from this point forth.

with me being a midwife I knew some of this already but with me being a mother it is the other side of the field. so I need to really focus on them as well as Kenny and Ellie. 

I made a promise to myself that from this point forth no one else matters but them. that as long as I take care of the five of us then that's all that matters.