Chapter Two: Amy

Mum looked at my mobile in horror when I showed the picture of Zealand's father to her. "Amy, your father and I...we know who this is." Mum said. I nodded my head and looked at her. "Can you tell me?" I asked. "I'm sorry, love. But I'll tell you this when you're ready for it." I looked at mum then at dad who was asleep. "Why can't you tell me now?" I questioned. Mum shook her head and walked into the bathroom. Her sobs leaked through under the crack between the floor and door. "Dad." I whispered. "Are you awake?" I shook dad and he rolled over and groaned. He must've heard mum crying because he sat up, looked at me in confusion and got out of bed. "Andy, let me in, love. Come on." Dad twisted the doorknob but it wouldn't budge. I heard mum shuffling up and opening the door to let dad in. "Amy, what's going on with mum?" John asked. "No idea, I showed her a picture of Zealand's dad and she ran into the bathroom." I said calmly as I threw myself on the foot of John's bed. "It takes a lot for mum to cry." I thought out loud. John nodded and glanced at his lap top on the desk. I narrowed my eyes but shook myself out of my trance. Dad walked out and closed the door, then sat on his and mum's bed. "So, what's up with mum?" I asked. John flicked the back of my head, telling me not to ask. But curiosity overwhelmed me. "It brought back some memories. Just leave it alone." Dad answered.

Mum army-crawled out of the bathroom and tugged at dad's pant-leg. Dad nodded as if they were speaking in code. "Zealand's father, he was very dangerous. He almost killed your mum and you two. But I- intentionally- killed him." Dad said. Mum pulled herself onto their bed and cuddled dad. "Moriarty." She mumbled. Dad stroked her hair every now and then. "Jim Moriarty, psychopath, murderer, I could've lost all of you." Dad stared at the sliding glass doors. I looked at John, who's jaw was physically dropped. "Go to bed. We have to get you guys somewhere." Mum spoke quickly and she meant business. I hopped over to my bed and snuggled under the covers.

"Amy, get up. We have to go." A soft voice said. I rolled over and groaned. "Five more minutes, mum." As I rolled over, I smacked mum in the nose by accident. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry." I said. Mum nodded. "Come on, to the TARDIS." Dad had our bags ready to go, the door wide open. It must've been 2:00 A.M. because, it was still dark outside. Zealand's face flashed on my screen. He was trying to call me, at this hour? Hell, I'm not about to answer him.

[Mum just told me to watch my mouth. Whatever.]

I took my phone and chucked it at dad. "Tell him to leave me the bloody Hell alone." I told dad. He nodded and tossed my phone to John. "Do whatever your sister just said." Dad walked out of the hotel room to the lift. "Press the button. One of you." John muttered as he typed on his phone. I poked the button with my toe and the lift's doors opened up. We walked in, grateful for the quick lift.

Sorry it was short.