Chapter 32

Looking at them, left Kagami feeling so lonely – Adrien was all she had, and the thought of him leaving her shattered her. Perhaps they could still remain friends – She could apologize – But even then would they accept it?

She had been thinking about it ever since Adrien had that accident, while she felt happy to be with Adrien, during the long hours at the Hospital, it broke her heart every time she saw him look towards the desolate door with a hopeful expression at the sound of footsteps. She could not shake off the guilt of being the one who almost destroyed their beautiful relationship.

She knew that wouldn't be able to wish them happiness wholeheartedly – definitely not now – perhaps never.

But what could that change? – Why would they care about what she thought of them - Their entwined figures seemed to signal to her that they just needed each other- That she was nothing more than dust on the side of the road.

She ran out of the room, slamming the door behind her, as tears spilled out of her eyes.

The sudden sound caused our lovely couple to break apart. Or was it the lack of Oxygen?

They looked at each other, faces scarlet, gasping for air.

Marinette took a deep breath, "Could I talk to your father, Adrien?"

"Huh? Why would you want to talk to him?"

"I was wondering if I could try to persuade him to change his mind-"
"I don't think He would ever change his mind, Marinette." Adrien Interrupted her.

"There is no harm in trying, And –"

"But what if it causes him to not like you even more?"

"If that happens, all you need to do is stay with me. I guess I'll wait here till your fencing class gets over, then maybe we can go to your house together."

"I think I'll skip it today," Adrien said as he laced his fingers with Marinette's

"But-"

"I can just make up for it in the next class." He walked over to his car and held the door open for her.