Chapter 2

Laff had grown up in a small family. He had a younger brother and just his father, his mother had passed away a couple of years ago. His dad was a scientist and a well known one too. People thought his father was perfect. People loved him, and his two children. Of course everyone has their flaws and dark sides. Laff had gotten used to having his dad ask Laff to steal equipment and things, very rarely assassinations when a person started to think that Laffs dad wasn't all that he seemed. Laff's father almost got caught with illegal experiments and that's when he became a dentist.

Laff's brother on the other hand didn't really like Laff. His brother's hair was such a brightly colored yellow and his eyes were sort of an ice blue. People started making comments like 'He could be a cup of juice.' or 'What'd you dye your hair with? Juice?' that's where he got his nickname from, Joocie. Joocie looked almost completely different from his dad and Laff. People didn't think they were related. No one knew what their mother looked like, since she died before they moved to Washington DC.

When they had moved, Laff had gone to a high school and met two kids. Socks and Ally, who were close friends. Ally hung out with Socks most of the time. Leaving Laff alone or having to deal with his brother. But when Laff got to hang out with Ally it made all the difference. Ally was like the sister Laff never had. While Socks really didn't speak to Laff that much. He seemed timid and shy. Not the person you would want to engage in a conversation with. Although Laff still watched from a distance. He didn't know what it was but every single time he got close and talked to Socks it seemed like his heart skipped a beat.

Although he soon forgot about Socks a few years later. So when he was going on the fateful heist and ran into Socks he didn't recognize him at first. He was stronger and spoke with ferocity that commanded respect. Plus he also dyed the tips of his hair a nice shade of bright orange. He instantly recognized Socks the moment he said his name. Laff almost broke down in tears and gave Socks a hug right then and there. But Socks never seemed to remember him. Laff wanted to build a relationship with Socks. It was like a fresh start, they could talk and finally be friends but that's when Socks suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth.

Joocie hated Ally with a passion. Although he didn't make hating Ally his passion. Joocie wanted to be a thief more than anything. His father always intrusted Laff with a dangerous heist this, and a dangerous heist that. When was it Joocies turn to be able to return to his dad and say, "I stole the pipes you needed," or "I got rid of the guy that was suspicious of you."

That turn never came. Joocie slowly got bitter over it. Laff was the favorite but when they moved to Washington DC Joocie had a new chance to be the favorite. So as Laff and Joocie went to highschool and both had met Ally and Socks, Joocie knew from the look on his brother's face that he liked one of the two. He could never tell which of the two though. Joocie had slightly fallen for Socks but each time he tried to talk to him Ally just swept Socks away with an excuse on the lines,    

"Socks I need help studying," 

Each time it was something along the lines. 'Oh Socks we have a test can you help me get ready for it?' 'Oh Socks by the way don't forget about that code you were working on. Maybe you could give me some pointers on how you code so well?'

    Joocie was sick and tired of it. Ally began to hang out with Laff, meaning it left Joocie alone. And being alone suited Joocie just fine. That's why Joocie hated Ally, she was the goody two shoes that stole the show. Every. Single. Day.

One night Joocie had caught Laff sneaking out of the house. Laff had moved out of the house that he and Joocie were living in with their dad. Joocie didn't really want to stay with their father so he decided to move in with Laff. Despite how much he despised the idea.