I

Ron's POV:

I was sitting in my room shirtless, nodding my head to the loud music coming from my cd player enjoying the time I had alone in the house, my hands where gripped tight onto a sweaty controller as I aggressively pushed buttons making my character move around in a map shooting at people, or well, bots in my case.

Suddenly the song got slower and groovier. "Planet pretty kill, motherfucker hang me on the thrills.." I mumbled along with the song, focusing on the game intensely right as my character got killed by some shitty snipper bot. "Motherfucker." I groaned, throwing the controller angrily on my bed before I decided that shutting my TV to do something else would be a good idea, just in case I accidentally would break something, maybe I should just turn the music louder.

I was looking out of my window, at all the adults working around here and there trying to make this place better. I had a nice view from my window; I could easily see the gates, a few blocks filled with houses and the  houses gardens, it was really nice! God this place was better then where I used to live.

Sure my dad was a doctor, but also a raging alcoholic with massive anger issues. He mostly spent all his money on booze and cigarettes, even some random whores he'd found on the street.

He was, and is, a horrible peace of shit. Back before the apocalypse he used to cheat on my mom at least twice a month, get drunk, beat the shit out of us, sure he still does the last two things but it has calmed down a bit, luckily.

Him being a drunk effected our living situation a lot, we lived in a shitty small apartment, four people, and it fucking sucked!

I sat there, staring outside while nodding my head to the heavy beat. Sadly I was the only guy who enjoyed this type of music around here, so whenever someone was around they told me to keep it quiet or shut it off; they didn't wanna listen to 'Satan's music' As my dad had called it when I first found out about metal music and started listening to it, it was some Thrash metal band named Municipal Waste, and honestly I love the cd still, one of the favorites in my collection. 

(Also no, I'm not calling the band trash, the music genre is called thrash metal, the band is awesome!)

"Damn it." I groaned when the music stopped, heading to change the cd, to Lost society, another Thrash metal band. Suddenly a violin started playing and I recognized the song as Into eternity, where another metal band named Apocalyptica had helped out; playing violin and cello, instruments like that for the song.

It had a killer solo, one of the best one's I've heard! It's so damn beautiful. 

Suddenly I saw the gates getting opened and my mind shifted off to Eric and Aaron who now where back from their mission, perhaps with new people. I had to get there, NOW.

I quickly buckled my belt up, grabbing a black sleeveless t-shirt before running downstairs; I had to go check it out! I didn't bother putting on the t-shirt untill I was running towards the gate, then I started struggling to get it over my shoulder due to one of my hands not being able to lift over my head... Thank dad <3

I was well aware anyone and everyone could see me struggling with it, and get a look at the scars my dad had left on my body, ether with glass bottles, his belt or  just his fists. After a few seconds of struggling I got it over my head and rolled down over my stomach, now being able to sprint faster towards the gate where a crowd was forming up.

"Yo Ron!" I heard Mikey; my best friend who's a massive video game nerd yell out happily, right as I slowed down to jogging speed and then finally to walking when I was about 5 meters away from him. "Yo man, new people?" I asked Mikey, his eyes where glimmering with hope as he looked at me and nodded.

"Dude do you see those two, there's other chicks our age than Enid man, holy hell they're sexy." Mikey spat out, yeah, poor girls. "Yeah go get em tiger." I joked around, giving him a small push. "You don't think their sexy?" He said, turning to face me.

"I do dumbass, but I got Enid." I said, letting out a goofy chuckle.

MAKE SURE TO GO CHECK OUT MY OTHER RARL STORIES!