Introduction (I'm Not Into Vampires)

Well, here we go again.

You saw the title. That's right. While I have to admit they make for some juicy, self-indulgent drama that I can't help being drawn to at times, vampires generally aren't my thing. I barely got through the first book of Twilight, fangirled for a minute, then realized how problematic it was and never touched vampires again. So then how did we end up here?

For anyone who cares, I was scrolling through the internet, and I saw a fic about a Chilumi vampire AU, and all of a sudden a scenario popped into my brain that didn't even resemble the fic I saw apart from Chilumi and vampire Childe. Of course, that notorious brain of mine left me with no choice but to write it out. 

It turned out stupidly well-written.

So, there you have it. I don't do vampires, and yet, here we are. Fair warning: the writing is dense and far fancier than it ever needed to be for such a dumb premise. I can't tell if it's sophisticated or just...confusing. And cringe. If you're just looking for a comfy fic to relax to, you've come to the wrong place. You'll need at least one whole working brain cell (one that I don't have, lol, how I managed to write whatever this train wreck of a story is I will never know) to make sense of my ridiculous five-line sentences, and it's a bucketload of angst pretty much from the get-go which persists for the rest of the story, so...read at your own risk. 

Also, could I have exchanged the names of the characters for something other than Ajax and Lumine? Probably. Why make it Chilumi? 

Because I'm obsessed, don't question it. 

So, here we go, I guess...

Carry On, Survivor