Chapter 18: A Twist Of Fate

A year later......
Virat nagar....
Royal Palace:

Her heart ached, refusing to forego his memories. Her heart cried for him, refusing to part from him. Her heart broke, having lost its other half.

She sighed, as a lone tear trickled down her face, which she wiped away hastily.
It had been long....so so long since she'd seen that perfect serene smile that had swept her off her feet everytime she saw it, those deep orbs of molten copper that had captivated her at the first glance & all together the man, the prince charming of her heart, the man who she was desperately in love with.

Her heart craved his company, his smiles, his chuckles, the warmth of his arms, his soft kisses that made her skin tingle for the whole day thereafter.However, she shook her head sadly, disgust filling her....

"Nahi...ab main Aarya ke yogya nahi...unki patni bankar rehne ke saubhagya ke yogya nahi...maleen hogayi hoon....uss..uss dusht ke karan..."
She thought to herself, desperately holding in her sobs. All she could hope for was that her Aarya would move on from her, marry a woman much deserving of his love

Arrey, Sairandhri! Suno na!"
Meera, a fellow daasi & friend called out to her excitedly, placing a hand on her shoulder.

The woman, who had been arranging hair combs in a thaal for the queen to choose looked up. Even though a thin, translucent veil covered her face, it was clear to one & all that a beauty like her was never born before nor would be again. She was far more stunning then a heavily decked queen in the plain robes of a daasi.

S: Haan, kaho Meera? Her melodious voice rang out, momentarily stunning her friend who had addressed her, yet again, wondering how this inhumanly perfect & gorgeous woman belonged to this earth

Her melodious voice rang out, momentarily stunning her friend who had addressed her, yet again, wondering how this inhumanly perfect & gorgeous woman belonged to this earth.

M: Huh?
She was momentarily dazed like each time before she continued.
S: Meera?
She shook her a bit.
M: Oh...vo tumhe gyaat hai? Raajsabha mein naye mahamantri ki niyukti hui hai aaj. Purv mahamantri ke nidhan ke pashchaat bohot samay baad aisa hua hai.

Suna hai, Maharaj uss yuvak ke gyaan aur pratibha se itne prabhavit aur prasanna hue, ki unhone unhe turant seedhe mahamantri pad par niyukt kardiya.

Suna hai, ve mahan chakravarti samrat Yudhishthir ki rajsabha mein karya kiya karte the. Kintu kisi parijan ke saath rehne ke liye unhe Indraprastha ka tyaag kar, yaha aana pada.