Clyde

I blushed as I replayed his name in my head. "Clyde Roy Warren, but just call me Clyde." His cold hand holding mine as his rough lips settled on my hand. He looked up at me before pulling away at his sisters grip. "So are you going margret. This one is suppose to be big, I hear 400 women are there" Honestly? I was barley listening to her. I was looking at clyde, his hands in his pocket as he looked at me with one eye brow raised. Anjelica was still trying to convince me to go to the rally for women rights tonight at the club where sherif sit after shift. There are going to be many women and men supporters holding signs and rioting outside to get the attention of the men who are against women having rights. "I honestly cant Anjelica, my father will be home soon and if he comes home and I'm not here again, I'm sure to get" I didn't finish but the word to finish that sentence was whooped. My dad believed firmly thay women were below men and shouldn't have nearly the same rights. When ever I would go out to the riots I would get a beating with his belt. Sometimes it was worth it but right now I'm still sore from last week when we particioned outside the church. Clyde cleared his throat "but Margret this one is the biggest one yet. Don't you wan to go down in history, tell your great gran daughters your the reason they get to vote and have freedom?" His case almost had me sold until my father's car pulled up. "Go quick." I whispered "if I can sneak out I will be sure to meet you guys but it won't be for at least a few." As they swiftly walked off clyde didn't brake eye contact until they turned the corner. It was almost like I could feel him looking at me through the trees. "Why was Anjelica here? And who was that boy margret?" My dad had such a serious tone to his voice. "She was asking me about school tomarrow at the church and if we are still going since there is another riot tonight." He stopped putting his things away to make eye contact with me. "You are not to leave this house margret until school tomarrow. If you leave there will be worse punishment then the belt. Do you understand?" His forehead had wrinkles on it and a vein popped out of his neck. "Yes father." I bowed my head and gave a small smile. "I'm going to bed." He just nodded. I walked to my room and quickly opened the window to leave. I wasn't okay with being treated like this. I riot so this will stop.