An Agreement {Shakhi OS}

The instructions are simple. Do not remove the blindfold.

I stare at the card in my hand and swallow the rising uncertainty. My friends think I'm crazy indulging in something so reckless, but you only live once, right?

My hand skims over silk embroidered duvet covering the king size bed. The four mahogany posts rise up like sentinels at the corners of the mattress. I admire the plush carpet beneath my feet, but it makes walking in heels a challenge. So, I slip off the monstrous three-inch Louboutins I borrowed from my best friend in an attempt to look sexy for my special night and set them by the door.

The suite hosts a bedroom, full bathroom complete with jetted tub and dual shower heads, a fully stocked kitchen, and a living room with a flat screen built into the wall. In the space between the bed and the couch there's a single chair facing the floor to ceiling window overlooking the city. A small sign is taped to it. Sit here and wait.

When I received the email with the details, I nearly fell off my chair. This hotel is nicer than any place I've ever lived, and one night costs more than my monthly rent. But I'm not paying for the hotel.

He is.

I glance at the clock on my phone ignoring the dark alluring gaze of the handsome actor on my wallpaper background. Two minutes to seven.

"Shit." I quickly pull the black silk scarf from my purse and set the bag on the nightstand.

Inside, my phone is safely tucked out of sight with my location settings on. I'm not completely reckless. The girls know exactly where I am.

Once I settle into the chair overlooking the vibrant city, I place the smooth fabric across my eyes and secure it firmly careful not to get my hair tangled in the process. The room plunges into darkness. I tug the edges into place ensuring I'm in full compliance with his instructions.

It may be my evening, but he makes the rules. I am at his mercy.

God, I must be fucking crazy. Letting a complete stranger lure me into such a vulnerable situation.

My skin prickles with awareness as the cool air brushes across my bare shoulders. I should have worn something with layers. But reema convinced me to wear the halter wiggle dress I had tucked in the back of my closet. I bought it for a vintage ball, but never had a chance to wear it. The fabric hugs every curve I've tried to hide beneath layers of baggy sweaters and yoga pants.

I won't lie. My confidence bolstered the moment I saw my reflection in the mirror. I missed my calling as a pin-up girl. The looks I got crossing the lobby downstairs definitely made my ego purr with delight. The poor maintenance man will have to use a mop to clean the drool off the floor.

My hands rest in my lap. I fidget with the edge of the press on nails. The silence is unnerving. I swear I can hear the air circulating through the room. My mind teases me with horrible possibilities. What if he's going to kidnap me? Harvest my organs? Kill me?

Damn. This was a bad idea. My mother warned me about this. Stranger danger.

Especially when you meet them in an online forum. My heart pounds in my chest. I swear it's echoing in the room growing louder with every passing moment. I take a deep breath to calm down, but anticipation has me on edge.

I feel everything. The slide of the leather beneath me. The warm air filling the room through the vents. The thundering of my heart. The plush carpet between my toes. The pulse of the city beyond the glass.

How long has it been? Probably only a few minutes, but it drags like hours. I shift in my seat considering my alternatives.

I should rip off the blindfold and haul ass out of here. That would be the wisest course of action. But I'm rooted to my seat. My curiosity is stronger than my self-preservation.