Part 88

"Jiju, you cannot blame me in all of this. You have no say in our personal matters like that" said Naira in a comparatively high tone going with the flow, she meant nothing of it. Manik was taken aback hearing her

"Naira behave do not forget who you are talking to. Manik is family and he has every right to show you you are wrong. If by any chance are you saying that he has no say, you are saying that even I do not have a say. Do you get it?" said Nandini sternly glaring at her. Manik sat looking at Nandini who was shouting at Naira for him. She could fight with anyone for him but why would she not trust him with something so delicate?

"I am sorry jiju, that's not what I meant" said Naira ashamed.

"It is alright. Naira, see do not get me wrong. If it would have been about the two of you, then in that case, you living separate from him could have been considered as a solution but again talking to each other still would have been mature and now in this case, you do not even have an option to move away just due to misunderstandings, there is a little child involved and for the sake of that baby, you need to talk to him. Apart from this, I would say nothing more. And if its about you two hiding this from all  of us, whatever was the reason,this was wrong." Manik said so and Naira surely understood his point of view. She nodded in understanding. Giving a glance at Nandini from the corner of his eye who was already looking at him vulnerably, he got up and left the room.

As soon as Manik left the room, Nandini looked at Naira who was standing by the window and went , stood infront of her.

"If there were not these babies within you right now, I would have slapped you so hard trust me" said Nandini aggressively while Naira stood shocked. Not because Nandini talked to her in that tone for the first time but because she knew.

"How do you now I am having twins di?" asked Naira in surprise

"I am a gynaecologist Naira, what do you expect?" It was evident for Nandini, the bump of Naira was big comparatively for a second trimester mother. Naira nodded at her

"Naira, I have been always been there for you right? Kabhi kuch bola hain maine tujhe or have I ever refused to support you?" asked Nandini hurt. She was hurt,very hurt.

Naira nodded her head in a NO quickly

"Then? You could have just come to me and talk atleast. You told us you are in L.A. .  Once in two weeks, you used to call us and not even that at times. This is not done. What do you think of yourself? How would you have managed it all alone over here? " said Nandini

"I am sorry, sorry , I am really sorry" said Naira crying now

"No you are not forgiven. Its time to mend our mistakes now Naira. We are going to India tomorrow and we are telling each and everything to Mom, Dad and Bhai. Do you get it?" said Nandini with tears in her eyes. She could not stop herself from giving Naira a hug and that's what she needed at that point.

Nandini did not know when Naira slept on the bed crying. Making her comfortable and setting the temperature favorable for the three of them , she came out of the room and sighed. A lot of mess was created and it was time to sort it out now.

She slowly went towards their room and opened the door with trembling hands. She was not ready to face Manik, not ready to fight with him, not ready to hear him scold her.

To her surprise, she was hugged by Manik as soon as she entered the room. She was confused, surprised, shocked, amused but above all of this content. She hugged him back diving her face in his  crook.

"I am sorry" Nandini muttered under her breath. It was a shrill whisper but Manik knew it was not just a mere sorry, guilt and apology reflected from her tone. He knew she was sorry but he was too hurt to forgive her instantly.

"For? I am not angry Nandini. I am disappointed. And I know you needed this hug. Its not a tough time for Naira but for you too, for all of us." said Manik wiping the tears off her cheeks.

"Manik, I know I should have told about this to you. I know I took a wrong decision but I just thought that it was Naira's right to disclose this to all of you." said Nandini and Manik somewhat understood her point of view but still he was not able to come to terms with the fact that Nandini was quiet about all of this for so long. It was their ground rule in their relationship to never hide anything and she broke that. 

Nevertheless, he hugged her again as she cried inconsolably.

"Mere liye Naira se lad rahi thi tum aur mujhpe hi trust nahi hai tumhe" said Manik rubbing her back and passing her a glass of water.

" Manik No, its just not about us over here. Its purely about Naira and Kartik. And do I not love you?" asked Nandini cupping his cheeks . He nodded at her. The love in her heart was not at all questionable

"Then, I trust you too Manik. Its you who always says, where there is love , there is trust" said Nandini looking at hm intensely.

Manik understood her point of view and Nandini understood his. As the two put the other person in their shoes, they were able to reason their actions.

"I understand. I love you" It was after long that Manik confessed in words, it was always actions. Nandini smiled and leaned forward smooching his lips suddenly. This was sudden but nevertheless, Manik further pulled her into his lap and took in her lips for a gentle kiss.

The two lay down on the bed tired after the turn of events . The day was a roller coster and the two wanted to sleep to get away with the day.

"Manik, Naira is having twins"  said Nandini as it clicked her

"Really? That's nice. I was not even able to congratulate her properly" said Manik

"Listen...Call Kartik and ask him to be in the Murthy mansion by tomorrow evening" said Nandini. She wanted things to work out now . Manik nodded at her understanding her plans.