PROLOGUE

A feeble and a pain filled voice cried" no, I can't carry on more" it was she the one with me , breathing heavily and walking with difficulty , with injuries in her leg that had draped her into red . She was by my shoulders and was going through terrible pain. Those were the nasty moments, moments that no one would ever live to endure again and again , moments that were bound to force the soul out of the mutilated body , her beautiful body which was till then object of much wonder ,was today totally gory , and that Ill lucked arrow was stuck right between her soft shoulders and chest, just escaping the lungs and another was there , in the corner of her waist almost fixed up in the pelvic bone . blood was gushing out , though slowly , but relentlessly . Her hair which were a priceless asset of her body ,were now all open, making ways down to her waist , all thick , but were muddy same as her body. The freedom she gave them to enjoy the whiffs of the wind had today robbed them of a single breath. she was dead tired , and was in unbearable pain. Anyone for that matter would cry out the pain one has in the single sight of her through eyes red and lame. after every few steps she used to shriek and pressed the shutters of her large beautiful eye too tight , that not even a molecule of water would find ways out of it even when her body was battling a defeated fight.
I knew she was in great trouble and death was inching close by with every passing moment, but still there was the hope that powered every step ahead , something very bleak , a thing we could only hope of in that dense forest, that seemed reluctant to offer a single road out of it , and was waiting for the death much awaited. robbed of any choice , we were made to fight , a war that left us scattered and half dead. that evening seemed too long , the hope to see the next day was the only thing for my princess , that had kept her alive for so long.
I too was brutally hurt . my body was totally mangled and mutilated .blood was oozing out of it ,here and there ,but fortunately in slow torrents. it was a pain I could have never been able to bear . but before her strength and courage to face the pain the without trace of tear , my pain seemed to lose all its force behind and I didn't bother to care at that time . they were just cuts , where as she has lost her a whole finger and two arrows like albatross around her neck, were every now and then hurting her and awarding her angelic soul a ,slow death , something that was heart piercing .I couldn't even imagine the pain she was dealing with .the expression she did present was just one percent of it ,and even that was killing and heart breaking to me. my eyes were soggy, but I cannot cry ,I was the pedestal of her pillar that would have rusted with tears that would replace smile , a jewelry she always wanted me to wear , the coat of arms in wars besides her.
" but dear , we are still not out of the forest and you can see we can't run too , so we must walk only and should be steady in it"
" prajval , please , see there is a raised structure , and an clearing too , we could stay here for some rest after which we could continue our journey "she spoke with much difficulty and tiredness . there was an extreme softness in her words amplified by the pain she was bearing in.it seemed that the lamp of her life was dying out of the lack of fuel . the flames were flickering in the cold breeze of pain cruel and new. she was very delicate now ,was dragging her ways out , painting the land with her pious blood , blood that had sworn to fight and convert evils of society into assets. I knew it for sure , that this blood of her and mine , would definitely invite ,the scavengers of land and sky , but my mind was wired not to think about future ,at that time , anymore , for the future itself seemed invisible to eyes. The arrows around her were making it more painful and that girl was still striving and had been for that matter traveled for the past 6 hours continuously into the direction , which lead nowhere , but hell ,and even that was far now .
I didn't had the courage to inflict anymore pressure or pain to her to speak to or urge me for it , we simple walked to that clearing , under a big tree of some unknown species in an unknown land ,where even the sense of time was lost .and just a tinge of orange was there visible from the dark inside which was increasingly being engulfed by the dark clouds , that seemed to have accumulated to mourn over the death of that angel .
I propped her up with one of her hand on tree , made myself free of her load , to clear up the land of the pebbles and make place for the last and permanent rest for this great girl .I with much care and affection , placed her body ( for though she was alive , she was not having any life ) on the right, making the arrows stay afloat there in her body. she had held my hand too tight , with a force that seemed to crumble my fingers down, but still her hand was shaking, she had fought battles a lot , and so was she going to win the last battle too , the last wish of her life , something she wanted at the end of her life was seeming to be fulfilled dream at this time . the dream which she once in a cold and silencing tone said, the dream of death as a warrior against the crimes of society dread. A rare pursuit that lead her here , something that's not at all is expected from a girl of age 15 near.
After heaving for the past five minutes, with attempts taking with every breath to lessen the pain held , she opened her light blue eyes , that were full of water and love for the one besides. she then hiding all her pain behind ,gave a wonderful smile , and instructed with her magical eyes . with such a nice beauty in it that it could make anyone on earth , lose her heart over that eye and that smile . she then held my hand close to her lips , awarded it with a kiss ,and then moved her fingers straight. Oh ! that soft touch of her , and that beautiful long and artistic fingers and that such a gaze , moved me out of all pain and made it look as a computer game , then moved her soft fingers over my hand , in attempts to arouse laughter she had put as a demand. she was simply smiling , with no visible reason to me , and was simply looking deep into my eyes , as of wanted to tell everything that words could never ever mean .