Prolounge

Magarbo. Engrande. Bukod-tangi.

That's how Veno sees how he will marry Tara.

A month ago, sa isang resort sa Batangas, Veno asked his fiancée to be his better half. It was a dinner by the seaside. Candle lights, a band playing a romantic hymn, petals scattered together with the white sands. Sino pa ba ang makakatanggi? Sino pa ba ang aayaw kung sa ganitong paraan ka aayain ng kasintahan mo upang siya'y iyong pakasalan? It was perfectly romantic. Anyone cannot turn their back from that instance.

And as what he was just expected, he gets nothing but the sweetest "yes" na maririnig nya sa tanang buhay nya. Tara willingly surrendered her body and soul, heart and mind to the man that she loves the most. She is fearless. She is certain. In her mind, Veno is too real, too perfect. No other man aside from him in Tara's eyes.

"I can't imagine growing old with anyone else, nor do I want to."Hand in hand, eye to eye Veno said.

It wasn't the first time Tara heard those words but this time it's different. She can fell something special. Love is overflowing. Veno's eye is so sincere. Tara remains calm and attentive. But deep inside, her heart is pounding. Wala siyang ibang naririnig maliban sa mga binibigkas ng iniibig. Namumukod tanging si Veno lamang ang kanyang nakikita ng mga sandaling iyon.

"We got it together, didn't we?

Nobody but you and me

We got it together, baby..

As Barry White's My first, my last, my everything played by band, unti-unting binitawan ni Veno ang kamay ng kasintahan. Gayunpaman, nanatili silang nakatitig sa isa't isa.

"My first, my last, my everything

And the answer to all my dreams

You're my sun, my moon, my guiding star

My kind of wonderful, that's what you are"

As the song continuously played, Veno kneeled down. Tara was too fascinated by the moment that she can't even notice how it happened. Para siyang nangangarap ng gising. She felt an overflowing joy and happiness.

"Life offers many challenges. I know I can meet them if you're willing to face them with me." Mga salitang binitawan ni Veno habang nakatuhod sa harapan ni Tara.

"You deserve the very best, someone who will back you up without limits, let you grow without borders, and love you without end. Will you let me be the one?" Veno said sabay abot sa kamay ng dalaga na noo'y nakatayo na sa kanyang harapan.

"Yes!" yes!! Yes. Tara answered with a teary eye.

"I love you so much babe." And the tears dropped from Tara's eyes.

Dahan-dahang isinuot ni Veno sa kamay ng dalaga ang singsing. It was a 1/3 carat Diamond Square Frame in 10K White Gold. Pagkatapos ay hinila na sya ni Tara upang tumayo na sa pagkakaluhod. Agad nitong niyakap ang binata. Mahigpit.., na tila ba ayaw nya na itong pakawalan pa. Hanggang sa naglapat ang kanilang mga labi. Mariin ang bawat halik. Nag-aalab. Nagliliyab. Hanggang sa naging payapang muli ang tibok ng kanilang damdamin. Isang masuyong halik sa labi ang iginawad ng binata sa dalaga. It was a kiss that was so sincere. Walang halong libog.

"I promise you, no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you more than me, " Veno whispered.

Walang ibang naisagot si Tara. Langgo ang kanyang puso at diwa sa kasiyahang nadarama ng mga oras na iyon. Ngunit sapat na para sa binata ang mga ngiting namumutawi sa mga labi ng kasintahan. He knows how happy they are to have each other.

"I know there's only, only one like you

There's no way they could have made two

You're, you're all I'm living for, your love I'll keep for evermore

You're the first, my last, my everything

In you I've found so many things

A love so new, only you could bring

Can't you see if you, you'll make me feel this way

You're like a first morning dew on a brand new day

I see so many ways that I can love you

'Til the day I die

You're my reality, yet I'm lost in a dream

You're my first, my last, my everything

I know there's only one, only one like you

There's no way they could have made two

Girl, you're my reality, but I'm lost in a dream

You're the first, you're the last, my everything

And they danced as the song fades out.