CHAPTER-9 Ārōgya (Heal)

Ari felt a sudden unpleasant pressure on his chest. it felt as though an elephant had placed it's foot on him. he tried taking deep breaths to put the feeling away, but it only made it worse. soon he was gasping for air, finding it difficult to breathe. Mythrei, who was lying next to him quickly noticed this. ennachu? she asked concerned. onnu illa, moochi vaangudhu, he tried to sound casual. but Mythrei was on her feet. vaanga ulla polaam, indha kulurla keela paduthu kedandha ipdi dha, she helped him get back up. his face went red from the effort. Mythrei quickly stepped in and threw his arm over her shoulders, supporting his weight with a hand around his waist. his condition quickly went from 0 to a 100 by the time they reached the bed. he started coughing up blood again, this time, much more than usual. Mythrei was on her heels, when she saw this. she ran down the stairs, nearly in tears banging on Mr. Chattarjee's door. he opened the door, half asleep, still rubbing his eyes. Āri, sēkhānē (anga), Ari, she was barely being able to get the words out. the moment he saw the tearful girl, the old man was concerned. Ki halō? (ennachu?) he asked her. but she could only stutter in between her sobs. she pointed upstairs, Ari! she muttered. he quickly grabbed a shirt and followed her up the stairs, buttoning up on the go. when he saw Ari, red and grappling, he quickly called out to his grandson. Aurobindo!! he yelled. a young frail boy around 15 or 16, lazily dragged himself up the stairs. Dauṛē giẏē ḍāktārēra kāchē yāna (RUN and get the doctor!), the old man yelled in his face. the boy was immediately up and awake. he grabbed a lantern and ran back downstairs, soon disappearing into the darkness ridden streets. Māmani! Tāṛātāṛi ēkaṭu garama pāni bānātē yā'ō ( ma! seekrama konja thanni sudu panni eduthittu va) he instructed Mythrei. she immediately rushed to the kitchen, grabbed the largest vessel she could find, an aluminum pot, filled it with water and propped it over the stove. Mythrei ran back to the bedroom to find Mr. chattarjee seated next Ari, rubbing his hands. she quietly sat by Ari's head, helplessly watching him gasp for air. he was sweating profusely. his shirt had been stained with the blood still dripping from the corner of his mouth. she quickly wiped his face with the ends of her saree, opened up his first few buttons and rubbed down his chest. onnoola, Ungalkku onnum aagathu, she assured him. although at this point it was more of an assurance to herself than him. 

Mythrei was interrupted by a soft knock on the door. a young man with a rather large brief case stood in their door way along with Aurobindo. she didn't know who he was, but she looked at him with pleading eyes. she was praying for someone, just anyone to help him out here. Doctor! Mr.chattarjee exclaimed with relief. Ki halō? (ennachu?) the doctor asked him, as he marched inside. there was a sense of urgency in his movements. he set the briefcase by the bed and opened it to pick his stethoscope up. Āmi yakhana ēkhānē achi, takhana sē ē'i abasthāẏa chila. Ē'i tāra strī. Sē āmākē jāgiẏēchila (Naa inga vaandhu paakumbothu ivan indha nelamela dha irundha. idhu dha ava pondatti, Mythrei, ivunga dha enna ezhuppi kootittu vandhaanga), he said pointing to Mythrei. Ki halō? (ennachu?) he asked, this time to Mythrei.  Āmi jāni nā sē ṭhika chila āmarā śudhu kathā balachilāma ēbaṁ haṭhāṯ...(enakku theriyala, ivalo neram nalla dha irundhaaru. naanga suma pesittu dha irundhom. dhidiru nu ennachu nu theriyala...), she explained. he pressed the end of the stethoscope against Ari's chest, carefully listening to it.  Tini ki an'ya kōna upasargē bhugachilēna? (idhuku munnadi vera edhavudhu symptoms irundhudha? ) he asked her. uh-huh, Sē mājhē mājhē kāśi diẏē rakta ​​bēra karata (nethila irundhu irambal varumbothu ratham varum), she shook her head. His face became intense when he heard that. Sabā'i daẏā karē ruma chēṛē yāna(ellarum konja nerathukku veliya ponga), he announced. Mr. chattarjee, his son and Mythrei began to leave, when Mythrei felt a tug. she turned around to find Ari's pinkie curled around her's. ye kudaye iru, pogaathey, he mouthed. naa pogala, she shook her head and knelt down beside him.