Beginning

Roxana rubbed her eyes and sat up on her bed. She then turned her head towards her window and sighed when she saw the night sky.

"Haa... it seems like I've woken up in the middle of the night again.".

And with that, she got off her bed, paying no mind to the blanket that fell to the ground. She walked outside of her room into the empty hallway till she made it to the door leading outside.

She stepped onto the grass with bare feet and looked up at the moon. After a few seconds, she moved her gaze to her side and smiled slightly.

"How embarrassing. You can't even hide your presence from me Dion.".

A moment of silence passed before a man with black hair and similar crimson eyes as Roxana appeared out of the bushes.

"It seems you're still waking up in the middle of the night. You've been like this since you helped that Pedelian slave run away." His eyes gleamed dangerously. "I wonder why Roxana.".

Roxana said nothing and just stared at him before looking at the moon again with a smile.

"If you think I've gained feelings for him, then you're very mistaken. There's no way I'd fall in love with a slave."

She then looked at Dion again. "Especially a Pedelian."

Dion just stared at her before smiling mockingly. "How amusing. I wonder why you would free a Pedelian, a person belonging to our enemy's household, even though you know that it's just a matter of time before Lant finds out.", he erased the smile on his face and glared at her with amused eyes. "That's something only a fool in love would do Roxana.".

"..."
"Aren't you out here because Lant gave you a mission?" She glared at him with wide eyes. "You should get on with it.".

Dion glared back at her. "I will. But don't think Lant will never know that you freed the prince of Pedelian"

And with that, he dissapeared into the trees.

"Tch. What an annoying bastard." Roxana cursed.

'I'm not a weak child anymore. I'm not gonna cry in front of him like how I did when Asil died. So.... don't expect me to come crying to you like a child Dion.'

    'There's no way in hell I'm gonna give you      what you want.' Roxana thought to herself.

    But a cry disturbed Roxana while she was in her thoughts.

She turned around to look at the mansion. 'A cry? Are they still torturing the demons?' Roxana questioned while looking at the mansion. But when she looked back again, she saw 2 ghost-like horses attached to a black carriage.

'A carriage? But there's no family emblem on the carriage. There also isn't anyone controlling the horses.'

At that moment, she looked directly into the eyes of one of the horses.

'.... huh?!'

.... and got swallowed up by darkness.

                                        ***

Roxana opened her eyes to see herself in a pitch black room. The only thing she could see was a mirror in front of her.

'What is this place?!'
'Where am I?!'
'Why can't I move my body?!' ... Were the kind of thoughts that filled Roxana's head.

But a ghostly face then appeared in the mirror.

𝙈𝙮 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙍𝙤𝙭𝙖𝙣𝙖... 𝙢𝙮 𝙣𝙤𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙡𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙧. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙡𝙡. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙣 𝙪𝙥𝙤𝙣 𝙪𝙨....