"Happy Counter"

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

  In this small world, there's a system called the "Happy Counter". This counts the happy points that you collect everyday by making someone happy or proud of, this is only visible to you only because when the creator of it keeps the counter visible to other people, problems invite themselves in.

  Happy points is another type of currency, there's a built-in shop beside the counter just like in video games. 10,000 points is equivalent to a small wish. It is a wish that's only limited for you or an object that you desire. 1 million points is equivalent to a bigger wish where you can even wish for someone on the verge of dying to feel better in an instant or be a millionaire the next day. Saving up those points is already hard enough to earn since you can only gain one point per person.

  Spending too much can lead to an unexpected demise. There have been a lot of cases of this happening because of unwise spending of happy points.

  You must have 1 happy point to pay to see the sun tomorrow. There have been rumors or an unsolved mystery that people who die with this cause will feel their soul slowly drained from their body and have their blood also drained since that's how most of the body's situation. Some say that they vomit the blood out without stopping because of the mysterious blood puddle in the room. Those bodies were present.

  You despise people who let that happen to them since it sounds ridiculous. The Gods were even generous to have the cost at 1 happy point.

  In your school, there's a girl that is said to have the most happy points on campus. That girl is just in the neighboring class besides yours, whenever she walks past you just by the look of it you can already tell that the word about her is true. She has this bright aura surrounding her and her personality just fits her entirely. Nice, lovable, sweet and funny.

  She even plans on entering the media. There have been modeling photos scattered all over the internet, a musical number that has been featured in national television quite a few times and even her gaming channel is one of the biggest channels in the community she is in.

  She did try to approach you many times before and that's when you told yourself that she was only trying to get points from you considering that she was forcing you to be happy because of her, she eventually left you when you didn't budge a bit.

  You were probably the one with the least HP in school since you have only successfully only gained 1 HP everyday, just enough to see another sun rise.

  "Hey you!" A yell was heard coming outside the classroom you were in, you didn't bother looking at them since you were invested with the book you were reading.

  The girl beside you looks delighted to see that she was being called by them. She ran up to the girl outside, excited about what they might need. You can hear soft chatter coming from them since they seem to be not bothered if their conversation is heard.

  A few minutes later the girl stood in front of you with an irritated face. Stated that you were being called outside the classroom. After she said that she sat back to her chair and sulked. You wonder how she got into that state when she was in a jolly mood earlier.

  You closed your book, placing it inside your bag. Now you understand why the girl beside you is feeling that way.

  "What do you need from me?" you said as you lean on the door frame.

  "I'm here to ask a few questions specifically for you, care to enlighten me?" she smiles as she puts both of her hands on her back imitating a sweet child.