12. Forever

- I got addicted to you so easily

- I got addicted to you so easily. -
Thoda thoda pyaar Hua, This town.

| A U T H O R |

It's the day of love.

The day when one might confess their love to the other that they can't do in years. The day when they might share their thoughts and feelings on it, where they feel overwhelmed with love and admiration. It's the day when people know the best and the most beautiful things cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with their hearts.

But sometimes fate plays a role in bringing two people together thinking they can be soulmates.

Just like with Harry and Mallika.

It isn't the day of love for them. It's a day where they feel like everything's falling apart within seconds. It's said love isn't meant to be easy, it doesn't appear on command, it doesn't let you fall for whomever you see. It surfaces neither at the most opportune moment nor in the most convenient. It'll pair you with someone you might never have expected, it'll put you face to face with many obstacles, but in the end, none of that will matter because it'll be how you'll overcome the obstacles that will define your love. It may not be practical but love will be the most beautiful thing which can happen to two souls within.

But who will tell these two that we don't just pick someone and cross our fingers thinking it'll work out. We meet them by fate and it's an instant connection whether it's starting from acquaintances or lovers, the chemistry between us is above our head and out of our control. We might meet them sitting alone in a bar at night and while sharing those talks you see the way their lips curve when they smile or the color of their eyes and all at once you know,

Either you are lucky.

Or screwed.

It might be the latter for them.

Harry, who is still overthinking about things that might happen in the future and how can he stop the bad ones from happening is what eating him alive. While Mallika is debating whether to tell her parents about the lies she has told them, will they ever forgive her?

Her sister is here with her husband and kids, and even she doesn't know the truth behind Mallika's facade. No one knows, the media, guests, photographers, relatives, no one knows what these two destined souls are feeling inside.

"Mallika, can I come in?" Mallika wipes her tears and tells her sister to come in.

Maya enters the room wearing her bridesmaid olive green satin dress she had bought specially for her sister's wedding. She's beyond happy that her little sister is getting married to such a nice guy and she'll stay close to her more now.

Little did she know, it might be only for five years.

She sees her sister and gaps noticing how stunning she is looking. Her white gown fit her perfectly flowing down her waist is her silk skirt and the lace above partially giving it a look as if it's off the shoulder. Her face was all set in light makeup with her hair in a bun above. Maya smiles big and Mallika also gives her a small smile trying to stand in her five inches heel.