Part 90

You all were so excited for this update and such a beautiful response on the last one so here you go. Do tell me how you feel about it. Critics are welcome.

--------------

"Naira, you did not even tell Kartik? What the hell is happening over here? " asked Raman loudly and sternly. The fact that he had no idea about anything going on in his daughter's life was too frustrating for him.

Kartik came forward and stood face to face with Naira who was standing there with fisted hands. Both of their eyes had tears, both of them were seeing each other after months and such were the circumstances that there hardly was any scope of reconciliation.

Kartik's eyes left Naira's as he looked down. His eyes were on Naira's belly. He could just not stop a few drops that rolled down his cheeks. A small smile crept on his lips . He was going to be a father and this is how he is getting to know about it. The smile vanished as he looked back at Naira.

"Guys, kya hua hai kuch bologe?" asked Navya this time.

"What should I say Navya? I know nothing.Ask her to speak . It's just her who is going to speak today and all of us will listen." said Kartik folding his arms over his chest
"Speak Naira. All of us are all ears today. What was so intense that you chose to hide this from your family, from me?" asked Kartik with a poker face. This attitude triggered Naira

"What do you mean you know nothing Kartik? Problem is you, problem is your mistrust. Do you not know what was happening between the two of us?"

"I do Naira, I do know but how is that connected to this?"

"How is that not connected to this Kartik?"

"Okay enough both of you, Kartik, Naira was with you in LA kaise pata nahi chala tumhe ki vo pregnant hai?" asked Ishita looking at Kartik

"She was with me? Ha? What? I did not even have an idea about where my so-called wife was for the past two months"
This further shocked everyone around.
"Naira? Kaha thi thu? Ye kya ho raha hai kuch samajh nahi aa rha hai mujhe. My pregnant daughter did not tell me she was pregnant, my other daughter did not tell me that her sister was pregnant even when she knew, I thought my daughter is with her husband but here her husband says that he has no idea about where she was all this while. What is wrong with you Naira?" asked Raman sitting back on the couch.

"Bolo na Naira, chup kyu ho ab. When you used to accuse me with all of those words then you were not ready to stop and now you are not even saying a word. Why so?" asked Kartik. He was trying to be soft. Not only was it Naira infront of him but the mother of his to be children who were inside her.

Naira looked at him angrily and turned towards her family

"Mom, Dad I and Kartik were having fights regularly. He did not trust me, I did not trust him and we never talked . We are not compatible at all. Kartik thinks that I ve had affairs with his friends.."

"Same goes for you Naira"

"Let me speak Mr. Goenka" shouted Naira

"Yes , I did not trust him too but that was because he did not trust me enough. Who was I supposed to trust? A boy who accused me of sleeping with his friend. Who was I supposed to trust tell me? Main kyu karti trust tumpe Kartik? Mom, Dad Kartik was firstly not ready for a baby, second he did not talk to me at all , bas accusations gussa ladai were the only things happening. If I had told him about this, would be have accepted my babies?" Naira vent out everything she had in herself.
Ishita came forward and hugged her daughter. She had been through so much alone. Ofcourse she was not right, but mother's heart was too fragile to understand that.

"Naira, to hame kyu nahi bataya? You did not even trust us" said Abhimanyu

"No Bhai, I just thought it was Kartik who should have been the first one to know and then what would I have said to you guys, I would be a single mother? It is not that easy. It was very difficult for me to even tell Di about it but I knew I had to tell it to someone if not Kartik. And I stopped Di from telling you guys because I wanted to tell it to you all myself" said Naira.

"Naira is not as matured as you Nandini, par tum to ho na. Did you not know that this was wrong? What do you two think of yourself? And Kartik did you not think about calling and knowing about your wife's whereabouts?" asked Raman looking at Nandini and Kartik.
By his tone, Nandini knew she had hurt all of them a lot. She started sobbing silently.
"I am sorry dad" said Nandini
"What sorry? Sorry for what? For hiding this? For thinking that you are very smart?" asked Raman sternly. Nandini flinched hearing her and she started crying harder.
Manik was helpless seeing her like that. He hugged her as she sobbed in his chest.
"Papa please don't shout at her like that" said Manik respectfully to Raman
"Now I can not even shout at my daughter at her mistake" said Raman
"That's not what I meant Papa but now nothing can be undone , please calm down" said Manik "Abhimanyu" Manik called out for Abhimanyu and gestured him to calm Raman down.

"Can I please talk to Naira alone?" said  Kartik.

All of them left the hall except Nandini and Manik.
"Nandini please just a minute" said Kartik. Naira nodded at the two who then left the hall and went in the garden.