Chapter 1: Graduation

Gon POV:

The wind blew through the air brushing against the graduation gowns of the students sitting in rows upon rows of seats including my own.

Applause roared throughout the football field of our campus where the event was taking place as each name of the students were called.

The day was sunny, a vast blue color covered the entirety of the sky above filling the positive and triumphant atmosphere with a bright and optimistic mood.

As the teacher who was calling the names of the soon to be graduates in alphabetical order reached the F's I vibrated in my seat barely able to contain my excitement. Despite officially being a young adult at the age of 21, I was barely able to keep my childish nature in check as I bounced up and down in my seat trying my best not to let the high pitched squeal of excitement sitting in the back of my throat escape my mouth.

Trying to calm myself down so I didn't end up making a complete fool of myself in front of everyone, I started looking off in different directions seeing the absolutely packed bleachers of the stadium filled with family members and friends of the graduating class.

My eyes slowly surveyed the audience before gliding down to look among my fellow soon to be graduated seniors. As I looked amongst the students, my eyes ended up landing on a particular student sitting in the very back row.

His silver hair that was partially covered by his graduation cap blew in the wind. His pale pearlescent skin contrasted the black color of his graduation gown as his ocean blue cat shaped eyes watched the stage seeing the students walk across and accept their diplomas.

It was none other than my boyfriend, Killua Zoldyck.

He felt my eyes on him and turned his head to me. Once his eyes landed on me he smiled causing me to instantly feel a giddy sensation build up in my chest as I smiled back with a blush on my face.

He lifted his hand and waved at me causing my smile to grow as I sheepishly returned the gesture before turning back around in my seat to face the front.

"Gon Freecss."

My heart instantly stopped as I heard the faculty member call my name to recieve my diploma. Instinctively, I ended up turning around to Killua to see him already looking at me with a smile and nodded his head as if to say 'go ahead'.

Smiling at him, I lifted myself from my seat and walked to the stairs that approached the stage. Walking up the stairs and onto the stage, I shyly, yet proudly, approached our headmaster to except my diploma.

Upon grabbing it applause began to roar through the stadium causing me to blush from the attention. A prominent high pitched squeal rang in my eardrums as I looked up to see an orange haired woman cheering at the top of her lungs with tears in her eyes who was standing next to a tall pale man with absurdly long white hair. It was my aunt Mito and Kite.

"THAT'S MY BABY!!!"

I chuckled before giving my aunt a peace sign and a big toothy grin.

Several minutes had passed after I received my diploma and it was finally time for the last student to be called.

"Killua Zoldyck."

Upon hearing his name, I instantly turned around to see Killua already making his way down the aisle and towards the stage. We made eye contact when he passed my row as I smiled at him giving him a thumbs up. He chuckled before continuing his way down the aisle and finally reaching the stage.

Once he grabbed his diploma the entire stadium roared at a volume I'm suprised didn't rupture my eardrums. Yeah, Killua was pretty popular on this campus, go figure. He's always been so successful in everything he does, I'm not suprised. It was one of the many things I endeared about him.