Beyond Time's Eclipse

Magus's eyes opened, there was a blue abyss that seemed to stretch on forever. Just like that, everything came back in a flash. He, Crono, and Frog had entered a gate, it was a much stronger gate than the others, much more unstable. They were in another dimension, as told by Gaspar in the End of Time, a dimension beyond Time's Eclipse.

Getting up off of his feet, Magus looked towards the distance...nothing but a dark void, just like the one when they fought Lavos. Sighing, he turned towards his two companions, who were still trying to regain their energy. "Get up, we're here."

"What...What is this place...?" Crono asked, squinting his eyes and seeing the neverending blue void.

"Time's Eclipse?" Frog added, "If that is true, could Lavos be still out there?"

"No..." Magus blankly stared at the empty abyss, feeling a strong feeling of loneliness and despair. Closing his eyes, he could hear, could feel the wind blowing in his ears. "No...something far worse."

Crono gripped the handle of his sword tightly upon the former Fiendlord's words. "Worse? Magus, what do you mean?"

He turned to face Crono, shooting him a glare. "I mean there's someone...or something much stronger than Lavos."

"Ah, there is a lone figure up ahead. There also seems to be a gate there too." Frog pointed, and Magus turned and saw what he was talking about. That figure was not there before, a familiar aura could be seen from them.

Thus, the black winds picked up once more, ice cold and full of dread. "Come, let us check it out." Urging his companions forward, he began to walk towards the figure and the gate.

The figure in question had a dark red cloak that went over their head and a cape went down their shoulders. To Magus, it was a very familiar cloak, although he had worn one of a different color. Though they had been saying nothing, haven't they noticed the three yet?

Growing terribly annoyed at the silence, Magus asked the figure. "Who are you?"

"I am merely a traveling prophet." They said, turning towards the three. "Here, Lavos is no more. This is the future in which we have defeated him." The figure turned towards the group as Magus began to realize who this person was. That was himself was it not? The same cloak, the same voice...the only thing that was holding him back was the disbelief, was this his future self? Or himself from an alternate timeline?

"Show thyself!" Frog demanded, taking the words out of Magus's mouth.

Adding onto Frog's exclamation, Magus asked. "Let me ask again, who are you, where are you from?"

"Must you ask me so many questions, I do not have much time." They quipped, before looking at Magus right in the eyes. "And you...you should have figured it out by now."

Magus stared at them for a moment, before the realization hit him as his eyes widened. After that, the figure took off their hood, and he was right, lilac-gray strands of hair, the pointy ears, the red eyes. There was no doubt this was him from another world.

With that final confirmation and his realization, he backed away in shock. "You're-"

"Is that..." Crono asked, just as surprised as Magus himself.

"Magus?" Frog filled in Crono's question,

Keeping himself calm, Magus brought his unanswered question. "So...are you me from the future? Or are you from a different timeline entirely."

"With the defeat of Lavos, the world has been brought to peace. However, there have been great rifts in time's fabric. Each different world has been affected." His future self focused his gaze onto the other. "But you three...you might have dealt with them, however, I fear that Lavos may still be alive."