𝑥𝑖𝑖𝑖. ᴘᴀsᴛ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ

ᴘᴀsᴛ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ
𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑟

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ sʜᴀɴ-ʏᴜ sᴀᴛ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴅᴏʀᴍ, along with Mal and Evie as she read another book for her class, hearing Mal grunt at how tight her dress was every once in a while

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴏ sʜᴀɴ-ʏᴜ sᴀᴛ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴅᴏʀᴍ, along with Mal and Evie as she read another book for her class, hearing Mal grunt at how tight her dress was every once in a while. Sam looked up to see Evie tightening it even more, making Mal gasp for air.

"Oh! Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe." Mal complained, trying to catch her breath as Evie fixed the back of the corset.

Evie shamelessly shrugged at her friend. "Well, you can breathe after Cotillion." Evie stated seriously, stepping back to look at the work she had done.

"Well, I sincerely doubt that." She muttered. "I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is." Mal whined, ready to be anywhere but Auradon. Evie ignored her, muttering 'impeccable' as she did a chef's kiss to her fingers.

"Evie? Sam?"

"Hm?" Both girls replied.

"Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" She asked, her voice taking the consideration as her friends looked at her in shock.

Evie let out a dry laugh. "That's funny." she laughed, before gasping. "Look who's on TV."

"As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine. Six months ago, no one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last. Mal must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion... when she will officially become a Lady of the Court."

Mal was on the bed with Sam, who was still deeply focused into the work she had to finish for her english class. Mal was required to read the same book, since they were in the same class, but completely forgot about it. She grabbed her spell book, Evie turning around to watch. "Read it fast at lightning speed. Remember everything I need." She closed her spell book, grabbing the other one and casting the spell, before vastly skimming through the book.

Evie walked up to the bed. "I know Mal's secret to fitting in, and Ben wouldn't like it one bit." Mal rolled her eyes at Evie's comment, before getting back to her book.

"Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already?" Sam finally spoke up, taking her eyes off the book to look at Mal.

"Sam, you remember what I was like before I started using my spell book. I mean, I was a complete disaster." Mal complained, whining.

Evie gave her a stern look. "Well, personally, as your best friend, I strongly believe that this spell book—"

Mal gasped loudly, trying to reach for the book. "—It belongs in the museum, along with my mirror."

Mal made a puppy dog face, hoping to make Evie give in. "Don't give me the face." Mal began to pour, making Sam laugh. "Put the pout away. Mm-hmm." Mal sighed. "You know I'm right."

Evie set the book over on a dresser as Mal began to talk again. "You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?" she asked.

"Like stealing and lying and fighting?" Evie questioned.

Mal's face lit up, hope in her heart that she convinced Evie. "Yeah!"

"No!"

"A little bit." Sam muttered.

"What?" Mal pouted, her voice filled with sadness.

"Why would we? M, come here." Evie took Mal by her hand, holding her to look at the painting of Auradon that sat in their room. "Look at where we are. We're in Auradon! And we're Auradon girls now."

"See, this is the land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here. So, please, let's just leave the past in the past, okay?" Evie concluded, watching as Mal nodded sadly. "Besides, I mean, look at the shoes. Look at them." she gawked, trying to cheer her up.

"Mm. Severe." Mal laughed a little.

"Now get changed out of your dress." Evie instructed. "When I finish Sam's dress fitting, we're going to meet the boys!"

"Evie, I don't think I want to do mine right no—"

"Get on the stand Sam!"