Chapter 2: Drying Out

Ranboo's P.O.V

The nice humans let me stay the night in the small pool. If we're being honest I haven't sleep good like that for a while.

I woke up to Lani leaving something by the pool. I swam to the edge and popped my head above the water to greet her.

"Morning Lani." I said.

She turned around and saw that I was awake.

"Morning Ranboo. How are you doing? This makes another person who wakes up before Tubbo." Lani said whispering the last part.

"I'm doing good. How about you?" I asked.

"I'm good thanks for asking. If your hungry there is a plate by the edge of the pool for you." She said.

"Thank you. By the way ... where's Tubbo?" I asked.

"He is still sleeping." Lani said as her gaze fell to my arms.

She turned and left without saying a word after that. I found this a little weird.

I couldn't tell if the cracks got worse or they were just streams of water running along my arms.

Schaltt came through rhe door next. He was a little more panicked than Lani was. He then walked up to the pool and grabbed my arm.

"This is worse than I thought." He mumbled.

I looked at him with a concerned look.

"What's wrong with my arms?" I asked.

"I don't know exactly." Schaltt said after a while. "I think I'm gonna have to call Kristen. She's great with this kind of stuff."

I looked down at my reflection in the water. The cracks ran up and down my arms and were now reaching my neck. I started to panic a little. Why were the cracks getting larger?

The next person to walk in was Tubbo. Lani must've gotten him up. Lani walked in not to far behind him.

"That looks bad. You planning on calling Aunt Kristen?" Tubbo asked.

"I'm gonna have to. Also Lani thank you for telling me about this." Schaltt said.

Lani looked down then at me.

"Are you not hungry? You didn't even touch your food since the last time I was in here." Lani said.

"No that's not the case. I just got distracted." I replied.

Schaltt let go of my arm and walked over to the phone.

"Who's Kristen?" I asked.

Tubbo and Lani looked at each other before turning back to me.

"She's our aunt. She's also a merlin so she might know what's happening." Lani explained.

Schaltt put down the phone and walked back over.

"She will be here in a couple of minutes. She also wants you to dry your arms when she gets here." Schaltt said.

"But merlins aren't supposed to be dry." I argued.

"Just do what she tells you okay?" Schaltt responded.

"Okay." I said.

I ducked back down into the water to avoid the staring eyes on me.

Kristen's P.O.V

I hung up the phone once me and Schaltt were done talking.

"What did Schaltt want?"

I looked over my shoulder to see my husband, Philza.

"He found a merlin with cracked skin and was wondering if I could help them." I replied.