Prologue

Rocky's Point of View

Now that I am 21 years old, I have been training to become a swat officer, one of my dreams, as well as meeting my mate, a beautiful woman named Jasmine, 

A few years later

Jasmine is expecting our first child. When I heard Jasmine cry, I rushed to her. As soon as she said, "The baby is going to be here," I picked her up and ran to the car.

She was rushed into surgery by doctors after I drove her to the hospital. The complications prevented me from seeing her, but I knew no matter what, I would still love my son. While I was pacing up and down the waiting room, the doctor approached me looking sombre and asked, "Is Jasmine Jone's family here?" I was eager to ask, "Any news?". That's when I noticed he was bowed back when he looked at me and his next words shocked me, "We're sorry your wife didn't make it.". After he said those words I nearly collapsed but Dad ( Ryder) caught me. The doctor came over and kindly said " we tried everything but she asked us to save your son" I looked up and thanked the goddess for saving my son. Jasmine knew she had cancer but wanted to continue the pregnancy, knowing that cancer would probably kill her this time but she knew I would protest so she never told me.

Jasmine did that for a reason, right? After my son has been checked out, the doctor leaves and we will take him home.

Jasmine and I already knew what our son would be named, but I wanted to ask my Dad Blaine first, so I asked, "Dad, can I name our son after you?" He cried as he looked at me excitedly. In a few minutes a nurse came in with him and just said, "Hello, Daddy, he's in good health, what's his name?" I looked at her, "Noah Ryder Travis Jones", and I saw unshed tears on my father's face. I knew it would be a difficult journey, but I will cherish every moment of it.