35

(ii)

(ii)

RENJUN'S mind wandered off as the couple bickered in front of them. He thought back to the group that surrounded Su-bin and remembered them talking to Min-seok as if they were close.

'They looked like a gang. Is Min-seok part of a gang?' Renjun thought.

"How did you two become friends?" Renjun asked Su-bin.

The girl was surprised at the question and placed her phone down on the table. 

"We met in high school." She replied.

Min-seok nodded his head, "It was our last year and we just... became friends."

Renjun nodded and thought 'If he's in a gang then, he probably knows a few things about con artists.'

"Which way was the store again?" Su-bin muttered.

She grasped the strap of her backpack as she walked down the unfamiliar eerie street. Her eyes wavered as the place was uncomfortably silent with most of the stores closed.

The girl wandered further into the street, looking at the signs of the store but couldn't recognise any store. As she decided to walk back, she froze hearing footsteps approach her.

She could hear feet shuffling behind her. Su-bin's body shook as the sound of metal scraping against the brick floor echoed through the street.

'Run! Run Su-bin! Run!' She thought, biting her lip.

"You!" A voice called out.

Su-bin flinched at the sound and turned around to face the person. Seeing a group of boys around her age made her hold her breath in fear.

'I'm going to die.' She thought.

The boy talking to her had bright red hair and he raised an eyebrow, walking up to Su-bin. He eyed her precariously, walking around her and inspecting the girl.

"You think you're going to die, don't you?" He asked with a smirk.

Standing in front of her, the boy slipped out a pocket knife from his pocket. As he went to threaten Su-bin, a hand firmly held the boy's shoulder.

"Oh? She's from our school." The other boy said, a little taller than the red-head.

The boy with red hair rolled his eyes, "I know Min-seok, she's wearing our uniform."

Su-bin looked at Min-seok; a warm smile adorned his face and he had pitch-black hair that was lightly fluffy covering his eyes, he wore long silver earrings and many piercings decorated his left ear. His warm hazel eyes sweetly glanced at Su-bin.

"Are you lost?" Min-seok asked softly.

Su-bin nodded but the red-hair boy rolled his eyes, trying to press his knife against her throat. Min-seok held the boy's arm and chuckled.

"Calm down Han-wul! I don't think she means any harm." Min-seok said.

Han-wul scoffed, "She's wearing valuable jewellery- the ones made by the Song family."

Min-seok nodded, "I'm going to escort her back."

The rest of the boys muttered under their breath in shock.

"If this is another way to see if you've gotten your soulmate then, stop it. You know what we're here to do." Han-wul said.

Min-seok airily laughed and patted Han-wul's back and pulled him aside, their backs facing Su-bin. "I'll get the jewellery, don't worry." He whispered into Han-wul's ear.

"Bo-"

"Shut up! We're talking right now!" Han-wul said, looking at Min-seok.

Smiling at the boy, Min-seok looked back at where Su-bin was standing and widened his eyes in surprise.

"Where did she go?!" He exclaimed.

"She ran away! We were talking to each other and then when we looked up she was gone. I tried to tell you..." Another boy said.

n e x t  d a y . . .

"Why did you send Su-bin ALONE to get food?! You know she doesn't know this place that well." Hee-young exclaimed at Young-ja and Min-suk.

"Well, she isn't dead, sadly," Min-suk muttered.

"Yeah! Su-bin is alive and well. She's sitting right beside us, she's fine!" Young-ja argued.

They were all sitting on the seats in their high school, in front of a field. It was break time and they were all eating sandwiches that Su-bin had bought for Young-ja and Min-seok.

Well- she was ordered to buy food for them.

Hee-young scoffed, "She ran into our school gang! She could've been robbed or even worse! Abused!"

"Woah! We do not hurt girls!" Min-seok said dramatically.

The girls except for Su-bin gasped at the sight of Min-seok. They physically showed disgust for the boy.

Su-bin stared at him in shock, 'He's here for me isn't he?' she thought.

"Let me guess you make out with them?" Hee-young asked.

Min-seok chuckled, "All girls want to."

A smirk playfully dance on his lips as he watched Hee-young's face contort into disgust. He lightly laughed at their reaction.

"Don't worry I'm not here for you. I'm here for... Su-bin? Is it?" Min-seok said looking at the girl.

"Take her! Do whatever you want!" Young-ja exclaimed.

Su-bin's eyes widened and Min-seok rolled his eyes at Young-ja. He walked towards Su-bin and held his right hand to her.

The girl confusingly held his hand and he took the girl away from her friends. They stood in front of bushes, away from people.

 They stood in front of bushes, away from people

a lil' background on min-seok cuz why not.