Chapter 2

HU TAO'S POV:
It was evening on a Saturday, so naturally Liyue's streets were busy with shoppers and tourists, each wanting to buy the various goods that each store and shop offered. And Hu Tao was among them, but she wasn't shopping. She was passing out flyers and advertising the funeral parlor. Why would she pass up a day like today to do some advertising? It has been weeks since the funeral parlor received tons of orders for coffins, and they managed to fill them and get them shipped to various Inazuman locations much more quickly than Hu Tao had anticipated. So now that everything has calmed down and they were restocked, it was time to advertise. Hu Tao ran around the streets, shouting about the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor and their high-quality coffins and funeral planning. Soon, the director's stomach began to growl. 'I've been handing out flyers for quite a while now, I think I should go eat.' Hu Tao thought to herself. As she started to walk towards the Wanmin Restaurant, she looked around the busy harbor and spotted a familiar face. "Ah! Mr. Zhongli!" As per usual, he was at a shop, buying things with a certain harbinger's money. He looked in Hu Tao's direction, and smiled. "Hello, Director Hu. I assume you're out advertising?" "Of course I am! It's such a beautiful, perfect day, so everyone is out! Why wouldn't I do some advertising?" Zhongli and Hu Tao proceeded to make small talk about the affairs of the funeral parlor, as well as what each of them had been doing all day. Afterwards, Hu Tao continued her walk to Wanmin Restaurant, with a deep blush on her face.

THIRD PERSON POV:
"I don't get it, Hu Tao! Why don't you just tell Mr. Zhongli how you feel? You two would make such a cute couple!" Squealed Xiangling. She and Hu Tao were sitting together outside Wanmin Restaurant, and Hu Tao had informed her of her meeting with the stoic consultant once she started asking about the blush that adorned her face. "Because, we're so different! Someone like him would never want to date someone like me. He's only in his 30s (A/N: how old does he pose to be??), yet he acts like he's 75!"
"But don't you like that about him? Isn't that what draws you in, what makes you feel butterflies in the deepest pit of your stomach when you see him?" Whined Xiangling. She was so sick of Hu Tao not acting on these feelings. "...Maybe." Replied Director Hu. "Anyways, it doesn't matter! We're never going to date! And I have to go, business at the funeral parlor is slow and I have to see if Baizhu will finally let me burry Qiqi!" And with that, the funeral parlor director zipped away from their table and towards Bubu Pharmacy. "Hey! You forgot the check! Ugh, again?!

~~~~~~

THIRD PERSON POV:
As Childe was walking down the street, he was suddenly stopped by a girl who was extremely winded from running. "Childe...we *wheeze* need to talk." "Oh. Hello Xiangling. What is it we need to talk about? And are you ok? Do you need some water" "I'm...fine." wheezed Xiangling. Childe shrugged his shoulders, and the two began walking to a nearby bench to have their conversation. By the time they reached it, Xiangling had calmed down. "We need to play matchmaker for Zhongli and Hu Tao! They would make such a perfect couple, but Hu Tao refuses to embrace her feelings for Zhongli!" whined Xiangling. "I think that's a great idea! I didn't know Director Hu had feelings for Xiangsheng, so that makes things a bit easier. That being said, it will still be extremely difficult, seeing that he doesn't have feelings for her. How do you propose we start?" To that, Xiangling grinned. "I have a plan completely figured out."

see? i'm not dead. since summer break has started, updates will be more often.
pyro polearm character supremacy in this chapter
hope you enjoyed!
word count: 678

~lex