53. The Gospel

Third Person

There were a few knocks on the door and a short wait before the door swung open revealing a young man not in the slightest bit amused. He stood there doing his best efforts to pull himself out of his drowsiness. He was unfazed by the fact that the brunette whose mere presence just annoyed him stood at his door.

"What do you want?" He hadn't even tried to seem polite. It was the early hours of the morning and he should have been in bed sleeping. He shouldn't be there holding the door open for him.

"Niall..." A sweet voice sounded from behind the brunette and the bleach blonde hair lad gulped. If he had known, if he had been fully awake he would have sensed her. The red head made her self visible standing beside the brunette. Niall let his eyes roam and he couldn't help but ruminate over how beautiful she was. His thoughts were his own. No one else's. His savored the moment and it was all perfect until his eyes fell upon their intertwined fingers. The world he had created in his mind fractured but it didn't shatter completely. He still held onto the last bits of hope.

"Niall?" The blonde blinked a few times and sighed. Things were as they were and he would have to see it as they were. The brunette standing before the lad knew that dazed look very well but he ignored it.

"Hmm."

"Can we come in? Is Liam awake?" Niall didn't answer the questions. Instead he just move back and to the side, motioning them to walk on in. Camila walked in followed by Ryder who knew very well that he would have to keep his sarcasm to a minimum especially being in their territory. Camila who knew their quarters walked straight into the living room taking a seat. Ryder who had taken the liberty to flash his way in sat down, Camila ending seated on his lap, his arms wrapped around her securely.

"I'll go get Liam," Niall felt anger pulse through him as he saw Ryder's cheap trick. It wasn't anger and he knew it. But he couldn't characterize it as such. He couldn't allow himself to be jealous.

"Okay." Camila was oblivious to what was going on.

"Wait I thought I was going to see Louis?" Ryder said. Camila nodded.

"Yeah but first we have to talk with Liam. Liam is their head, so whatever happens to Louis from now on is on him," Ryder stood silent as Camila explained to him the boy bands power structure.

"Is anyone else-"

"No, no one else is showing any signs of insanity," Liam walked in, answering Ryder's unfinished questioned. Ryder stood up and Liam met him halfway and they shook hands. Camila just watched their exchange of greetings.

"That's good. Now I need to know the extent of Louis's...dementia," Ryder stated. Ryder sat down moments after Liam took a seat of his own, letting Camila sit at his side this time around. Ryder gave all of his attention to Liam, memories of the conversation he had with Matias resurfaced. Louis was the only thing he cared about, the was his priority.

"Louis believed that Camila was our dead mate Mackenzie. I say believed because miraculously some hours before Louis was the same Louis. He recognized Kenzie was dead and he planned to call Eleanor. But I don't know if it's only temporary. He's sleeping right now. If you want to wait around until he wakes..." Liam sat in his seat, rubbing his hands together in thought. He was slightly surprised to see that Ryder was here and planning to aid them. But then again he wasn't because if he were Ryder and Camila asked him for his help he'd be seated there as well. 

Liam watched Ryder carefully. Ryder sat in his seat, not moving an inch, his eyes staring straight back at Liam. In the corner of his eyes, Liam could see Camila staring at Ryder with such adoration that it hurt him. Only hours ago, had Liam called Danielle and explain to her that he couldn't let her handle all the stress of a long distance relationship. And here he was practically breaking apart seeing that his new mate was perfectly happy with someone who wasn't her mate, as far as Liam knew.