Grom x Reader

(Art by @lflfklgjgeiekfksjiodfioeo on Instagram- whew, that was a long name to type)

(Suggestion by @Angel-death-cat)

You take in a deep breath of fresh air.

You were currently outside, and everywhere of your surroundings were bustling with activity. Your Mother/ Father (or any other older family member) had asked you to acquire something. You had forgotten that item, and instead, got distracted from the fun mood of the marketplace.

People were playing instruments of all kinds, sitting on stools and playing them by heart. The marketplace was an exciting area- it was easy to get distracted. As you kept walking, you spotted a jewelry stand.

The jewelry stand was beautiful- every jewel shined in the presence of the sunlight, desperate for the spotlight to be on them. However, it was extremely underrated, and no one dared to even look. You decided to be the first customer, strolling over and taking a glance. 

There was so much- evil eyes, emeralds, pearls... they all seemed to be shaped in different symbols. The craftsmanship was truly beautiful, and you couldn't take your laying eyes off of them. You wondered if you should buy one- you had money in your allowance after all. And if you didn't like it, you could always return it.

You looked around for the person owning the stand, but you couldn't find them. It was like the stand had been abandoned. But suddenly, a plump woman came out of a tent beside the stand, and she bowed to you. "Welcome," she said, as if she knew you were going to come.

"Hi," you bow back awkwardly.

"Please, come in." 

She stepped back, letting you go into the entrance. "Um," you hesitated.

"Do not worry," the woman laughed. "I am simply a fortune teller. My name is Astasha, my friend. If you let me read your fortune, I will let you take a piece of jewelry for free."

Seeing the offer as a nice deal, you followed her in the building. "What's your name, young one?" She asked.

"It's Y/N." You responded simply.

"Ah, a beautiful name for a beautiful person." She smiled, her eyes stretching into wrinkles.

You blushed a little, thanking Astasha for the compliment. Astasha led you into another room, and a fire was crackling in the middle. "Take a seat around the fire." 

You obeyed, find a seat closest to the door, and facing the fire. Astasha sat across from you, and she hummed in delight. "It's been a while since I've had a customer," she said. "You are truly special- you saw the stand as a miracle, Y/N." 

"I just thought the jewelry was pretty..." You explained.

"Ah, but many people ignore it. They don't care to look- yet you, you spent your time to look at the contents." Astasha said.

You took a second to think- it was pretty underrated. No one dared to look at its way. But then, a sudden shock filled you- what if this was dangerous? What if Astasha was trying to kill you? Was that why the stand seemed abandoned? "I-," you started nervously.

"I see your fear has entered, Y/N." Astasha said.

You boldly nodded.

"Y/N... it's alright. I swear on my life I am not trying to harm anyone, especially you." Her eyes glistened like you were a jewel.

You cleared your throat, deciding to believe her. She stated, "let's begin", and started moving her hands. Unexpectedly, the fire rose, turning into all sorts of colors.