Forever

I slowly breathed in the warm summer morning air. T-Minus four hours until I become Mrs. Vera Anderson. I tried to act like I was calm, and confident, but truthfully I don't even know how I'm not passed out on the ground somewhere. There was so much to worry about, and I have the fore front of it all. Even though the bride isn't supposed to be bothered with tiny details, they always end up back to her. Like the children that were running around broke a vase of flowers in the lobby of the church. Or having off white ribbon instead of white, all these tiny details that really shouldn't have effect on the bride are effecting me.
"Vera, are you ready for hair and makeup?"
"Yeah."
"Honey, don't worry. I have everything under control. The church had another vase just in case, and I got white ribbon."
"You're the best mom."
I took her in for a hug. The embrace was long, like she felt that today she was losing me. I can't believe that I'm getting married today. T-Minus two and a half hours until I'm Mrs. Vera Anderson.

"Do you have any preferences on makeup?"
"Um, well I was kinda hoping for a more natural look, but something that is elegant and eye catching."
"How about gold shimmer with a cats eye, and I know how to make foundation look as if you're not wearing makeup."
"Sounds good."
"Hair preferences?"
"Half up, half down. Like this."
I handed the hair/makeup artist the picture of what I wanted. Honestly I can't believe that my mom actually talked me in to getting one. She has this funny way of getting what she wants even if it isn't for her.
"Oh Vera! You look beautiful!"
"Thanks mom."
"Only an hour left! We have to get you into that dress!"
"Run?"
"Run."
We both smiled, and took off for the "dressing room" the church provided. Once we got there we slammed the door, breathing heavy,
"Do you think anyone saw us?"
"No, Vera, we were too fast."
We both started laughing. Just as our laughter was dying, my phone vibrates in my pocket. It was Keenan:
"I can't wait to see you! P.S. It looks like you and mom were having fun :)"
"I can't wait to see you either! And yes, we have to burn off some of this stress energy lol"
"Stress energy? lol I love you so much. I can't wait to be able to call you mine, forever!"
"I love you too <3 are you sure you can handle all this? :P"
"Oh totally! See you soon babe!"
"You guys are too cute."
"We're you reading over my shoulder?"
"Yes, I'm just a tad nosey."
"Goodness mom."
We both laughed again. The laughter didn't stop there either. While putting my dress on I got stuck it the skirt, I guess the tulle got a bit confusing. But I wouldn't have picked out any other dress. It was gorgeous, and I couldn't see myself in any other dress while I walked down the aisle. It was a sweetheart neckline ball gown, that had lace sleeves and back. Oh and the skirt was all tulle, tons of tulle. It was simple, but elegant and I loved it.

T-Minus thirty minutes. Wow, time really flies by fast.
"Vera."
"Yeah mom?"
"Matthew is here."
"Really!?"
"Can I come in?"
"Yes!"
"Oh, wow. You look amazing sis."
I feel tears coming on,
"Thank you, you do too. The uniform is snazzy. I can't believe you could make it."
"Thank you, and don't cry you'll ruin your makeup. How could I miss my sisters wedding day?"
He wiped the tears away from my eyes and smiled.
"Matthew, would you be the one to give me away?"
He grabbed me in for a hug,
"Of course I will."
"Thank you. I was hoping you could."
"I'd be honored. But I'm going to go see Keenan real quick. Make sure his tie isn't on backwards."
"That would be awesome,"
I laughed.
This is so awesome, the main man in my life is giving me away to the love of my life. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Today, although there are and will be more imperfections, is going to be absolutely perfect.

"Vera! Ten minutes! Get everything situated, touched up, and accounted for, you'll be walking down that aisle sooner than you think."
"Okay, on it!"
Veil, check. Makeup, check. Fitting dress, check.
"Vera, what are those?"
I see disappointment in my moms face.
"They're my converse high tops."
"Where are the heels I got you?"
"Umm, hidden."
"Why?"
"Because I don't want you to find them."
"Vera."
She sighed.
"Whatever, it's your wedding. If you want to wear those old things be my guest."
"Well I'm glad you approve."
I let out a giggle, and covered my shoes with the dress.
"Hey, mom. In all seriousness, were you nervous, on your wedding day? I'm not nervous about getting married, at all. I've actually never been more sure of anything in my life. But nervous about like, what they'll all think of me and if I'll cry, or..."
"I know exactly what you mean, and it's normal. But I promise you, once you start walking down that aisle everything will feel perfect. As if everything is as it should be. Now let's get you ready to walk down that aisle."
As soft as a whisper the only word I could even imagine fitting the situation was,
"Perfect."