Part 1, Introduction.

It was a misty, cloudy day in Drafta, Azurite. the air was cold and sharp, fog covering buildings and houses. today was...quiet. rather unusual for the lively town of Drafta. but, there WAS something going on in Drafta, there was always something happening in Drafta. It was a robbery, even though robberies happened quite often, it was still somewhat devastating.

Though, this time it was a boy, a young boy. he had a few loaves of bread stuck between his hands as he ran, out running the royal guards and the baker, he then took off into the sky, though everyone's wings were too small to, really fly, they could still glide. the boy glided  to an building, losing the guards during that commotion.

As the Guards sped past the building, he quickly dashed inside the building, running down the stairs and bursting out of the door, dashing out of the building and into an alleyway. he stopped for a brief moment, regaining his lost breath from the previous running. he then jumped onto a ledge, that let him see all of Drafta. 

"hey, any room for me, Ivan?" Someone suddenly said from behind a corner, making the boy, now known as Ivan jump.

"oh, hello, Luca" Ivan mumbled as a tall, blond boy walked out of the shadows and sat by Ivan. Luca smiled, then sat down next to Ivan, looking at the view, then what was in Ivan's hands, then frowning.

"Ivan...what did we talk about stealing food from the bakery?" Luca said sternly, crossing his arms. 

"yeah yeah, I know, but still, Mr. Hazlebush's bread is REALLY good!" Ivan argued back, tossing a loaf of bread to Luca, then taking a bite out of his own loaf of bread. Luca sighed, rolling his eyes and smiling, then taking a huge bite out of the loaf he was given. "so, how's 'royal' life?" Ivan asked, attempting to start a conversation.

"pretty well, Mother and Father have been away for about a week now to visit some foreign country, so I get to rule over Drafta /all/ by myself!" Luca spoke excitedly, flapping his small wings. 

"thats nice, any other news?" Ivan asked, taking another bite of the warm loaf of bread.

"yeah....a family of Avians were put in prison because they tried to go to....." Luca said, his voice trailing off as he spoke, turning his head to look at the ground below them.

The two just remained quiet for an awkward amount of time, before Ivan yawned, stretching his arms and wings.

"so, wanna go for a walk?" Ivan asked, getting up and jumping off of the ledge, giving Luca his hand so he could get down easier.

Luca finished off his loaf, then wiped his hands on his silk outfit, and took Ivan's hand, jumping down from the ledge as well. "thank you, and yes, let's go for a walk" Luca said, smiling.

(timeskip to a few minuets later, they are now in the streets of Drafta because im lazy lol)

"so, how's your life?" Luca asked as they walked, a few royal guards were following them, but the two didnt seem to mind.

"kinda rough, everyone seems to get better security, and it's harder to steal stuff, plus it's getting colder" Ivan muttered, somewhat bitterly as he kicked a rock, sighing. 

"Ivan, you can ALWAYS come to the palace, you know?" Luca said, worry in his voice.

"yeah, yeah, but I dont want you to think I'm....using you, plus im strong! I can survive!" Ivan argued, jumping over a small ditch.

Luca shot Ivan a worried look, putting his hands behind his back as he sighed, nodding his head at the passing people, who looked a bit surprised and bowed for him, making Luca look slightly uncomfortable, but something crashed behind the two boys, and they both looked back, seeing someone with a hood on, running from the royal guards.

The Hooded person then ran into Ivan, their cloak knocking off of them, revealing wings. huge wings. everyone gasped in surprise, including Luca and Ivan. The strange person had red hair, then looked up at the boys, feathers on his face, but then Ivan took step forwards to the person, holding his hand out.

But instead of taking Ivan's hand, they grabbed it, seemingly crushing his hand, making Ivan scream, They then got up, stretching their big wings and grabbing Ivan, who was too much in pain to really notice, and took off into the sky, flying the way everyone wanted to, seemingly disappearing into the cloudy skies.

"IVAN!!" Luca screamed as Ivan and the Hooded person disappeared into the clouds, falling to his knees as he looked at the sky, desperately looking for any sign that Ivan was there. "IVAN!!" Luca screamed again, tears falling down his face before he got up, desperately beating his small wings, trying to fly, but ultimately failing, and ended up just falling onto the groun, bruising his face, but yet, he tried again, and again until he lost consciousness, falling onto the hard road of Drafta.