Friendship Hurts - 3

Friendship Hurst-3

September 30, 2020

The days went by in a blur and senior year was hell itself. Quizzes here. Assignments there. It's like I don't have anymore time to hang out with my friends. Well, it's not like I have any. It's always Loraine and I and no one else. But since Jaiden came in the picture he sticks to me like a kid with his mom in a crowded mall.

River, on the other hand, seems rather uneasy around me. He tends to find excuses to not spend some time with me. But when he's with Loraine, it seems that he's having a wonderful time. Typical Loraine. Everyone enjoys being around her. With her colorful and nice aura and that killer smile, every boy wants to date her and every girl wants to be her. Well, they can dream.

At the moment, I'm getting ready for a family dinner with a few of dad's co-workers and associates. He told me to get ready with a descent look and not my average jeans, crop top, and boots looks.

I picked out a sleeveless white dress that just flew right above my knees. It had fine detail in every inch of the dress. And I wore black stilettos. My stylist curled my hair and put on light make up on me. It was simple yet elegant.

I grabbed my purse and head downstairs. I saw father sitting on the couch. Probably waiting anxiously for me.

"There you are, my princess. You look beautiful. Let's go. We don't want to waste your beauty." My father said.

He wore the occasional suit and tie. The typical men's wear.

We went outside and we both went inside the car.

* * * * *

We arrived at one of the finest restaurants in the city. Surprisingly, it was managed by one of my classmates. If we're lucky, we might get a discount. Who am I kidding? We're rich! we can afford anything we want. Not to brag.

My father and I were led by a waiter to our table. So far the guests haven't arrived yet so I'm gonna do something that entertains me because I bet my father's ass that when guests arrived it will be much more boring than attending class.

I fished out my phone out of my purse and put my earphone on. I out the volume up to max so I wouldn't hear a goddamn thing. I was slightly banging my head to the music and enjoying myself in my own little world when out of nowhere, my father pulls out my earphones and scolded me.

"Hellaina Francheska Roberts, can you please at least act like a lady?! You are the only heiress to our company so pay attention!"

"Yes, father." Was all I said.

We waited for a few minutes for the guests to arrive. My father disagreed to my music listening so I just read a pocket book that was in my purse.

"Sorry. We're late." I immediately closed my book when I heard the guests.

It was a tall brunette girl around her thirties. She wore a red dress that flew above her knees and a white cardigan. With her was a man around his forties. He wore a casual suit and tie combination.

Father and I stood up and my father greet them, saying, "No, it's fine. It's nice to see you again Joanna."

Does father know them? Well, the girl does look awfully familiar.

"It's nice to see you too. And this is my husband, Alex. We just got married last month back in Italy." Joanna said, clinging on to her husband's arm.

"It's nice to finally meet the head of Spin Records." Alex said, shaking hands with my father.

I was just standing there, feeling out of place and awkward. I mean, c'mon people! I'm here! Am I invisible of some shit?

"Please, sit down." Father said.