𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE:YOU ARE AN AVENGER

YOU ARE AN AVENGER

SHE KNEW THAT SHE NEEDED to be in the city, to help with the fight, but she so desperately wished she had been the one to go and get Natasha instead of Bruce. She was so worried about Natasha and could only hope that she was okay. Wanda was using her powers to get people from their houses and into a spot of safety. Thor was searching for the thing Ultron had been building. Olivia and Clint were standing side by side, looking over the evacuation. Steve was on the bridge, helping cars get across. Tony was flying around, ready to meet with Ultron.

One minute they were just focused on the evacuation, the next robots were breaking free from underneath the earth, climbing out of rivers, breaking through crevices of the earth. They flew all around the city, shooting at everything in their path and immediately the fight had begun. A growl fell from Olivia's lips as her eyes glowed and her fangs and claws appeared. She shredded any robots she could get close to with Clint shooting them with his arrows. Wanda was on the other end of the bridge, trying to usher the people off of it as she used her magic as a shield as one of the robots shot at them before knocking her down.

Olivia ran up to the robot, jumping on top of it and slamming her claws into its neck, feeling the satisfaction of metal splitting apart from metal and oil running over her fingers as she ripped off the robots head. She made her way over to Wanda, quickly pulling her up and nodding her head before going back to the fight.

One second it was just a couple of robots flying and attacking, the next second the entire ground was shaking with half of Sokovia slowly starting to separate from the other half, rising up in the sky. Olivia's eyes widened in disbelief. "Seriously? What in God's name?" She shared a look with Clint who was just as concerned with the situation as she. Olivia pressed her finger to her ear. "Guys, are you seeing this?"

"Yeah." Steve sighed in response.

Suddenly, the bots started talking, Ultron's voice echoing across Sokovia. "Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me." Clint shot one of the bots, killing it, only for another to appear, eyes turning red as Ultron's voice reappeared. "It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

They continued fighting, killing robot after robot, but every one they killed, three more would take it's place. Olivia hid behind a car, heavy breaths falling from her lips. Steve's voice filled her ears once more. "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off."

Olivia stood up, reaching in her belt to grab her gun, cocking it and turning to shoot. "Great pep talk, Steven. Very inspiring." She shot three robots down before jumping up and using her claws to slice another. She landed back on the ground, rolling, standing up on one knee and taking one of her knives, throwing it into another bots head. She ran over to the bot, ripping her knife out and tucking it back into her belt. "Jesus, they just keep coming."