𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER FORTY:WE WON

CHAPTER FORTY:
WE WON

THEY MADE THEIR WAY TOWARDS Steve's direction and for the moment it was calm. They ushered injured civilians into any safe buildings that they could. Olivia made her way over towards the part of the city Steve was in, her heart breaking at all the injured people that he was ushering inside. The next time Tony tried to create some kind of bot, she was going to make sure she was watching over it so that it didn't become evil.

     "What do you got, Stark?" Steve asked.

    "Huh? Nothing great." Tony sighed in response. "Maybe a way to blow up the city. That will keep it from impacting the surface, if you guys can get clear."

     "I asked for a solution, not an escape plan." Olivia turned her head towards Steve's voice and made her way towards it.

     "Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're gonna have to make a choice."

     "Cap, these people are going nowhere." Natasha's voice grabbed her attention as Olivia grew closer to Steve. "If Stark finds a way to blow this rock. . ."

     "Not till everyone's safe."

     "Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there."

     "I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it." Steve argued.

     Natasha paused. "I didn't say we should leave." This caused him to turn and look at her. Natasha shrugged. "There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?"

     "Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better." Nick Fury's voice made Olivia pause in her steps. She turned her head, mouth going agape as a Heli carrier appeared in front of them. "Nice, right? Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

     A wide smile fell on Steve's lips. "Fury, you son of a bitch."

     "Ooh, you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

     Steve sighed, turning his head before spotting Olivia. "You did this."

     "Guilty." Olivia shrugged. Olivia turned her head towards Natasha and made her way over to her, quickly pulling the woman into her arms. "I thought I lost you."

     "Please," Natasha scoffed, pulling away from her with a smile, "you can't get rid of me that easily." Olivia pressed her lips against Natasha's and Natasha smiled as she kissed back before the two quickly turned away. They still had a mission to complete.

     Pietro appeared beside of the three, a smile on his face. "This is S.H.I.E.L.D?"

     Steve nodded. "This is what S.H.I.E.L.D.'s supposed to be."