10 。 ݁ ִ⊹ Genetic Potential

♫ Cowboy Like Me - 𝖳𝖺𝗒𝗅𝗈𝗋 𝖲𝗐𝗂𝖿𝗍
⇶ 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗉𝗁𝗒𝗌𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗅 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖾𝗆𝗈𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝖺𝗅 𝖺𝖻𝗎𝗌𝖾, 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗀 (𝗌𝗎𝖻𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾) 𝗎𝗌𝖾, 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾 𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗀𝗎𝖺𝗀𝖾.

(𝗟𝗼𝘄𝗸𝗲𝘆 𝘀𝗮𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗰 𝗜 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁.)

↬ ↯ ↫ ⎈ ↬ ↯ ↫

Theodore Nott's POV
September 1st.

Theodore Nott fell in love with potential that was never truly there.

He lost himself trying to be the numerous people everyone wanted him to be.

For his little sister, a loving figure; someone who tended to you always, so much so that you understood that when in concern or threat, he would always be there to aid her.

Madeline Nott was a vibrant yellow painted in a world of grey.

I love you,
I love you,
I love you.

She said that a lot.

Theo believed her.

Lin was only ten. Theo doubted whether she knew what those three words meant to him or if throwing them around made her feel any better.

She lived for the hope of it all, with high spirits and living through the motions with ease.

Theo loved her like his lungs loved breathing. He would protect her with his life, which to him didn't seem like much. But he hoped she noticed his attempts.

Theo tried terribly hard to make her life easier.

Though now, it seemed as if she was slipping through his protection like sand on the beach being pulled away by the tide.

His father had so many expectations for Theo, who struggled to keep up with each. Every rule, every chore, every lecture, sermon, and motive all added weight to his shoulders.

Theo also tried to carry that weight. But now, it was mulling him down.

His father never said I love you. Theo hadn't heard those words spill from his lips once.

Instead, he drank.

A lot.

More than what either of the Nott siblings thought to be normal. Though they never spoke about it, even when their father was passed out on his bathroom floor with blood pouring out of his nose.

Addiction didn't love him, but Theo did.

To the distant memory of his mother, who died loving her children to extents unknown. He wanted to make her proud knowing that her eldest could live without her.

So far, Theo knew he couldn't do that.

Each day goes by when Theo feels like a letdown, feeling as if he was mocking her legacy by giving up.