Chapter 11

Tyrese woke up around 20 minutes later. He awoke to destruction everywhere. Amina was holding her father and calling to him desperately. Several knights and soldiers were dragging unconscious or dead comrades to safety and getting knocked down by undead knights.

And then he saw Lourinne.

she was motionless on the ground, blood dripping from the top of her head, her sword stuck in her chest.

He scrambled to her as fast as he possibly could. He passed Amina who was still in shock at her father's condition.

"Amina..." he groaned.

"Dad! Are you...? Are you alright?!" she desperately asked.

"...I don't have much time left, Amina..." he coughed. "It's time for your last lesson..."

She began getting her posture ready, tears streaming down her face.

Tyrese ran to Lourinne and held her in his arms. he desperately called her name several times.

"...T-... Tyrese...?" she moaned.

"Yeah, It's me. I'm here. You're gonna be ok. Just hang in

there." he said through tears.

"...No. There's nothing left for me." she slowly said. "This is my destiny. I've evaded death enough."

"Lourinne..." Tyrese groaned. the tears came down faster than ever, an impure salty taste to them.

"...I'm glad I met you." she said slowly.

She died in his arms.

He was devastated. The one person who didn't hate him. The one person who knew he was innocent. The one person who loved him. it had to be her. He wanted to scream.

Then the rage came. He was enraged that not one thing in his life could end well. He vowed to protect the realm at any cost necessary.

He gently put her corpse onto the ground and lifted the Wolfbrand from her torso.

Flashes of her life went through Tyrese's head. The day her parents separated. The day she lost her mother. The day her father left her. The day her hometown burned to the ground. The day she met him.

By Wielding the Wolfbrand, he was literally carrying her greatest burdens on his shoulders. And frankly, the thought of that fueled him even harder.

He ran his finger through her blood and put war marks on his face. He wanted to kill Mallor more than he missed Lourinne. He was going to get his vengeance. He was going to get revenge. He was going to avenge Lourinne if it was the last thing he'd ever do.

He stood up to see Mallor walk out of the temple, Witherblade in hand. Mallor stood there, a raging warrior in his midst.

"This could have been avoided, Hero..." he said. "You could have joined me..."

"Or I could kill you RIGHT NOW!!" Tyrese shouted.

"Not the time, Hero..." Mallor mocked. "Not the time..."

He raised his Witherblade to the sky and one of the dragons Amina's Father was commanding swooped in and picked him up. He flew in the direction of Sunbreak.

Tyrese bolted from the scene, going faster than ever before. his abilities grew as the Divine Hero, and he clocked in at a massive speed of 40 miles an hour.

He was seeing Red, and he was going to make Draven Mallor regret even touching Lourinne.