Runaway

How does one say goodbye to the life they once had?

Persephone had wrote six scrolls before she left her hotel room in the middle of the night. She said her goodbyes and well wishes to her father, her brother, Caleb, Caramia, and Derrick. The last scroll she wrote was informing Reginald the end of their relationship amongst other things.

She didn't pack much, only what could fit in a tote bag. She figured it would be easier to travel. She had packed a couple silly tank tops, a couple pairs of undergarments, a skirt, silky lounge pants, silky pajamas set, her wallet, and toiletries. She tied a couple chiffon scarves around the handle of the tote bag.

Desiring to travel without causing much attention, she selected baggy black trousers and oversized comfy knit sweater. She carefully placed a beret cap on her head. She loosely braided her hair to the side. All items she wore weren't from lavish brands instead opting for modest clothes.

Before she vanished, she dropped off the scrolls at the front desk, telling the front that Lady Persephone Cristos desired to have these scrolls delivered accordingly to right people at precisely 8am. They didn't question it, because of the seal displaying her House crest.

She found her way to Derrick's mysterious individual's shop. Just like the business card said, it was open 24/7. She took a deep breath and pushed open the door. There was a lady with large owlish glasses on and frizzy indigo hair. Silver eyes peered at her for a moment before a smirk crossed her face.

"Persephone Cristos," the lady called out. "Derrick had hoped you'd find your courage." She licked her lips. "How would you like to use my services?"

It was that question that would cement her fate. The lady was a vampiric witch. After Persephone bought a train ticket from Paris to Greece, the witch had helped her shift all the money from her and Reginald's joint bank account to a new bank account under a new identity.

Her new name was Opal Covington -- a lowly rogue drifter who managed to survive in the lower class. She was no longer a socialite. She was given cat eye glasses. Her eyes were no longer emerald instead cognac. Her hair was a mix of her raven locks with dirty blond and red highlights.

The lady gave her a ticket to the underwater train going to Calla Vein Province to Merritt Province. She told her that Keira would meet her in Merritt Province and that she would transport her to Mona Apartments -- a safehouse-- until she was prepared to head out on her own.

Before she left, she was given a new smartphone and number. She gave her old smartphone to the witch so she could give it to the decoy heading to Greece via her train ticket. The witch assured her that she had nothing to fear. Her coven and Derrick had created a system very similar to protection services for those that need assistance.

Persephone watched a lady with her likeness wink at her before departing the shop. The witch directed her downstairs to secret underground tunnels that will lead into the streets of Calla Vein Province.

"Derrick is a part of this?" she murmured in awe. How had she not have known this about him?

The witch smirked. "He's the mastermind. He rescued myself and my coven from others who wished take advantage of us. We were indebted to him. When he asked if we would assist him with this endeavor, we couldn't refuse especially with such a great cause." She shrugged and gestured to the tunnel. "Well, Opal, follow the crescent moons and you shall find your way."

Persephone walked inside the tunnel. She watched as the witch sealed it off. Biting her lip, she glanced forward and she realized large crescent moons lit the walls of the tunnel.

Well, there was no going back now. Each step she took, the further away from the life she used to live and who she used to be.

🌹