Forgive me Father, for I Have Sinned

Remorse is a feeling I had long forgotten.

As I heard him wailing for his life, like a mouse trapped in the corner, I could not wait in anticipation for the intense high that I would get, when I would begin sculpting his body.

He stared at my silver knife, and then looked into my eyes. Those eyes were telling me, 'Why, why are you even doing this?'.

'Relax, it'll all be over soon. Just close your eyes.' I took pleasure in bringing them comfort, before making them experience a serial pain that they would never have felt before. This would be the last thing he would feel, whether he deserved it, I didn't care. All that I knew is, it was time for my fix.

He wasn't crying anymore, had made his peace. And that got me even more excited.

When I started his journey, the shrieks were the same as any before him. Futile, but of a magnitude that they would never have thought themselves capable of...I had no plans to end it any soon, I would savor every second of it.

I was addicted to it...to the feeling of watching life ebb out of a useless existence. I was the liberator of these tormented souls, the hand of God.

As the cries grew silent...I felt myself returning to normal. I didn't take any of his belongings, that is the work of thieves.

Lighting up a red, I began to prepare myself to return to my dreadful normal existence, heading back home, the dark streets of the city always covered my presence.

Tomorrow was a Sunday, and I had to get up early for Church. For only by His grace, am I still immune against this mortal corruption.

It was time to confess to Father yet again. 

Little did I know, that God had other plans for me....

To be Continued

(Part 2 coming soon, do share if you liked it)

(SHE will be introduced in the next chapter)l