bad dreams

Eri woke up from a nightmare crying. She has been having nightmares since she was rescued. She can't stop thinking about her past. She is crying hard. "I need to see Mr deku maybe he'll be able to help me". She gets out of her bed and goes to deku's room.
     She knocks on his door. Deku opens the door to see a teary eye Eri at his door. "Sweet bit what is wrong?" She rushes to him and hugs him. He picks her up and carries her to his room.
     "I had another bad dream about the bad man". She is crying harder at this point. Deku just hugs her tighter letting her cry it out.
     "It's ok sweetie he can't hurt you anymore". She hugs him tighter and looks up to him. He wipes her tears with his sleeve.
     "What if he gets out"?
     "He won't and if he ever comes near you again I'll be by your side".
     "You promise"? She is hugging him tighter than ever at this point.
      "I promise. I'll stay by your side because you are like  a daughter to me". He wipes her tears again and hugs her.
     "You are like father. Why couldn't you have found me before the bad man?"
      "I know it is hard but I'll be honest to you. I have nightmares too".
     "Really? How to you get rid of them"?
      "By talking to people you care about and remembering that the past is the past".
      "Thanks papa. Can I stay in here with you tonight? I don't know with I can go back to sleep without you by my side".
      "Sure sweet bit let's get some sleep". Eri finally was finally able to get some sleep thanks to deku. She still has nightmares but she knows deku will always be by her side.