Chapter 7

The urge to defend filled his thoughts and without hesitation, Dipper hot into the air! He soared over the heads of the crew who followed with eyes open wide in surprise.

"Holy shit! I didn' know he could do that! Did ya know he could do that?" Keyhole asked one of his mates.

It was obvious he was surprised, and by the looks on everyone else's faces, so were they. It had always been a commonly well-known fact that sirens were born to leap an incredible range in distance and could cover nearly 20 miles in just a matter of seconds.

Yet at the same time, it wasn't as if they saw these elusive creatures often so it was difficult for them to prove fact from fiction.

Dipper stretched his arms out with claws out and ready. He managed to snag the assailant's arms and knocked them down midair! Both of them slammed against the deck and Dipper went for the direct attack. They clawed and hissed and scratched at each other, as they tumbled and crawled, moving fast on the wooden planks as if they were in the water. Their bodies were a blur as the pirates watched and evaded their strikes when they got a little too close for comfort.

All eyes were on the two, staring intensely at a once-in-a-lifetime fight between two predatorial creatures. While worried for their own safety, none wanted to test the waters so to speak to try and get in the middle of the blood bath. Teeth watched in anticipation, hoping that the two would take each other out so that the captain wouldn't have an attachment to the beast anymore.

Suddenly there was a squeal! Those who had looked away turned back to the fight. To their surprise Dipper was on top! Somehow Dipper managed to get the upper hand, dodging the upcoming attack with his smaller and lighter body, and slithered behind their unguarded back. By the time the other realized, it was too late. Dipper had his arms hooked under theirs and with a shove of his tail, flipped them over onto their backs!

With the enemy stunned, Dipper took this chance to put all of his weight on their tail, and grabbed their throat! Growling, Dipper glared down with narrowed eyes. Cheers of encouragement and amazement echoed across the open water from the crew, while cries of defeat and worry came from Dipper's kin. The wails from both sides came to Dipper in droves. Yet, the beating of his heart rumbling in his chest drowned them out. 

It was only when both sirens were at a standstill that there was a noticeable change in Dipper's appearance. His slit pupil was thin and focused, the beautiful clear blue iris was now a dark murky color that swallowed the white of his eyes whole, turning them into one solid dark color. When Dipper saw that Bill was being attacked, he could feel anger. He was seeing blood, and his claws were itching to see it. The sweet, savory blood ran through its body. Dipper could taste it on his tongue.

He wanted it. NEEDED IT.

'Who? Who needed it?'

Everything around Dipper seemed as if it was slowing down, fading away into deep, deep nothing. He could feel himself slipping back into that dark inky water once again. The heavy weight of silence around him was crushingly painful, unlike the last time when he was floating effortlessly. But oddly it brought a slight sense of serenity with it. The cheers and cries were nothing more than background noise, becoming quieter, like mindless chatter coming across the sea gulf.

But there was a slight buzzing sound that came in and out.

"...."

"Di..p.

It was someone's voice, but it sounded so distant. It was high and gentle, yet it was so desperate to be heard.

"DIPPER! WAKE UP!"

The red left his eyes immediately. He blinked at the sudden light that came into his sight. Dipper's sat dazed for a moment as if he didn't remember where he was, his mind not catching up to the realization that he wasn't by himself anymore. Dipper's gaze focused back onto the body under him and they softened at the sight of his dear sister looking back at him, finally having the chance to recognize her familiar beaded pearl hair and the pinky color of her fins. His heart ached so painfully. Her eyes were filled with tears, her rosy cheeks wet with streaks, and her flushed face full of worry and...terror.