Prologue

EVERYTHING looks different. A positive kind of different, there's also negatives but mostly positive. I looked around, may mga familiar sa akin pero nauunahan ako ng hindi pagkaila.

I saw paparazzi coming at kahit hindi pa nalalapit, may kumukuha na ng picture at tumatanong ng kung ano-ano. I ran to the black car that was ready for me but sadly, naabutan pa rin ako.

My manager and security made way for me para ‘di ako masaktan ng mga fans, lalo na yung mga aggressive. I was able to smile and take selfies while I was walking to the car that was waiting for me.

“OH MY GOD GYSELLE! Kailan lang? Congratulations for you! Kailan ang kasal?” tanong ko sa kaibigan ko na naabutan akong tulog sa condo. She announced me a big and great news. She's getting married? I can't believe it.

“Ano ba, Ves. ‘Di pa namin alam pero surely, you'll be my maid of honor. You're my only bestie since college. You're the only one I told about this because it's going to be a surprise at the reunion next week, then we'll announce it sa family dinner with both our families,” mahabang lintanya nito. She's going to get married to her High School Sweetheart. They've been together for more than 8 years I guess.

We had a little chit chat and I remembered what she said a while ago. Reunion, huh? Sana naman ‘di magugulo ang saya ko do‘n.

“Hey, Sel? Kailan ba yung reunion na sinasabi mo?” I asked her while scrolling down my iPad. I saw an article of me posted a while ago.

“LOOK: Turkish Filipina actress Yves Imperial has just arrived at her home country. Rumors say she will continue her contract in Hollywood and just stay shortly at the Philippines for vacation.”

“Ay, oo! Sa 17 yung reunion, sa Tagaytay, send ko lang sa ‘yo details at address kung saan ma-held. Ang rinig ko, bongga daw na reunion, red carpet theme na party.” Red carpet? I can work with that, may isa akong gown dito na gagamitin ko sana sa pag attend ng Oscar's kaso wala na sa schedule ko kaya ‘di na ako naka-attend.

I just nodded and continue with my business until narinig ko ang biglaang pagsuka ni Gyselle. Oh my god. Was she drunk before going here? She seemed sober though. Was she high? Did she smoke weed? Oh my god. Patay ako kay Gus kung sakali.

I rushed to go to the bathroom and shrugged my thoughts and panics para bigyan ng tulong si Gyselle. I rubbed her back gently at hinawakan ang buhok. What's with her? I was with her all the time she puked her organs out.

Pagkatapos niyang sumuka ay inabutan ko siyang tubig na maiinom niya. She gave me a weak smile and drank the water.

Narinig ko ang phone ko na tumunog kaya iniwan ko muna siya sa bathroom at pinuntahan phone ko. I checked but there wasn't any notification in my phone. I saw Gyselle's phone kaya kahit labag sa loob ko, chineck ko ito.

It was a message from a person not familiar to me, wala namang password ang cellphone niya kaya chineck ko ito. 

It was a photo. Not just any photo. A photo of Gus and some girl in a club at naghahalikan. Oh my gosh! She can't see this. Akmang idedelete ko na ito nang makarinig ako ng pagkatumba at paghihikbi. No. No. No.

I looked down and saw Gyselle sitting down at tulala. I bent down to comfort her but she looked at me with angry eyes. “Samahan mo ako, Yves. Samahan mo ako sa club na ‘yan.”

“Bakit? I mean, bakit natin pupuntahan?” I asked her. She looked pale. Sana ‘di ko na lang tinanong! How insensitive of you, Valentine!

Suddenly, she stood up and spoke. “I've had enough of his bullshit. He's always acting like he's loyal to me. Dumating na pala ang hinihintay niya. Inaya pa akong magpakasal,” halata sa pananalita niya aang sakit pero nangunguna ang galit.

Enough of his bullshit? Does that mean na gawain na ni Gus ang ganito? Is this not new to her? I was taken back from my thoughts nung bigla akong hinila ni Gyselle, eyes pleading for me to go with her. I sighed.

“Stop dito, Val. Let's go. Isasampal ko lang ang singsing na binigay niya.” Oo, sinamahan ko siya.

I wore my shades, cap and mask before going out and lock the doors of the car. Baka may press or journalist na makakakita sa akin dito.

I watched her back as she walked to the seat of his fiancé or ex-fiancé. Sinampal niya ang singsing at 'di ko inaasahang susuntukin niya ang lalaki ng napakalakas.

She walked out of the scene confidently but I saw pain and anger in her eyes.

Nagpaalam muna si Gyselle na gagamitin muna ang restroom kaya sinabi ko naman na papainitin ko lang ang making ng kotse.

“Hey miss. You look so gorgeous. Mind if I get one photo with you? By the way, I'm Yñigo,” said a familiar voice. I froze on where I was standing at paunti-unting lumingon sa likuran. A familiar smile greeted me and I smiled back. “Yves. Call me Ves for short.”

“I'll call you love instead, right wife?”