Introducing

The boat ride was long but I was listening to my album. So when we got off I counted the heads. Five, not including me. I stood off to the side next to a girl who looked like she was ready to run a marathon.

"Welcome to Isla Nublar, campers!" We were greeted by a man in a red Camp Cretaceous shirt.

"You are the chosen few, the first kids in the entire world to ever experience the awesomeness," he pused for dramatic reasons, "that is Camp Cretaceous." "I know, the trip from the mainland was rough on some. Hello Ben." As he said this the kid in a Fanny pack and green jacket put up a thumbs up, but went right back to puking his lunch, as the guy went right back to introducing.

"But you made it! I'm Dave, head counselor. You heard they correctly— head honcho, big shot." As he said this a Jurassic World jeep came rolling down as we all looked to it. A woman also wearing a Camp Cretaceous shirt stepped out of the vehicle.

"Ah, so sorry I'm late. Welcome, campers! I'm Roxie, head counselor of Camp Cretaceous." We all looked at Dave for confirmation. He chuckles and says,

"Well, it's sort of a co-head counselor sort of situation."

"Is it?" Roxie responds. I hide my giggle as she reminds me of me. Dave clears his throat as he begins to explain.

"Anyway, some of you won contests to be here, some of you had VIP invites, but for the next two weeks, all of you will be getting the five-star treatment!" As he says this a pink haired girl films the group. When she comes to me I just give my mischievous smile.

"As our first campers, we've lined up exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of Jurassic World." Roxie explains.

"Ooh!"

"Yes!"

"Aww."

I just shrugged and kept listening to Roxie.

"As well as kayaking, rock climbing, obstacles courses, and of course..."

"Dinosaurs?!"

The black kid in a yellow sweater exclaimed. I snicker and look at the kid, he seems embarrassed.

"Yes... Darius, plenty of dinosaurs. So, ready for an adventure?" Roxie asks.

"Absolutely!" The girl in pink says, "but I'm gonna need they speech a little shorter, and really try to lean into the, majesty of this place."

Dave laughs.

"Okay, we're going now. Let's get the seven of you to camp!"

I look around. If I counted right there are only six.

"Uh, excuse me?" I ask, raising my hand slightly.

"Yes?" Dave asks.

"There are only six of us."

"Wait." Dave stutters. "Dino-kid, Track-star, Raptor-girl, Internet, Barfy, Texas. She's right where's seven?"

Roxie looks on her clipboard and scoffed. Soon a helicopter comes down and out comes a pink shirt kid with sunglasses, younger than me.

"Greetings, my dudes. Kenji is here, so let the party commence!"

I roll my eyes as he throws the bag in my arms.

"Put this in my room. So what's your deal?" I throw the bag on to him and dust off my hands. Everyone giggles and Roxie says,

"Okay, let's go."

We get into the back of the jeep, and I sit next to Ben near the edge. Dave hits the jeep like a drum and gets in the passenger seat. I blukle up my seat, as we jerk forward. Everyone puts on their seatbelt, as we head off.